Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For DBs

Much like Thanos, CB is inevitable.

Indiana
Jamar JohnsonIndiana · S
The Hoosiers safety gave NFL scouts a complete workout Friday. He checked in at 6-foot-2 1/4 and 205 pounds before clocking 40-yard dashes of 4.58 and 4.60, per Reese's Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy. Johnson also posted a vertical leap of 35 inches, a 10-2 broad jump and agility times of 4.41 in the short shuttle and 7.22 in the three-cone drill. On the bench press, he repped 225 pounds 17 times.

The versatile early entry gave NFL scouts an eyeful last fall in IU's biggest win of the season, a 36-35 overtime upset of Penn State. Johnson made 10 tackles with a TFL, a forced fumble and an interception to earn Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week honors. The 21-year-old Florida native has been rising throughout the pre-draft process, slotting in as the No. 3 safety in Bucky Brooks' latest prospect position rankings. Chad Reuter projected Johnson to the Lions in the third round (No. 101 overall) in his most recent mock draft.

Jevon HollandOregon · S
Holland measured 6-0 5/8 and 207 pounds, up 11 pounds from his school-listed weight, for NFL scouts on Friday. He didn't run heavy, though, based on an unofficial time of 4.45 in the 40-yard dash. He broad jumped 10-6, with a 35.5-inch vertical.

Like Sewell, Holland opted out of the 2020 college season. He logged four interceptions and flashed strong punt-return skills in 2019. NFL Network's Maurice Jones-Drew touts him as the best defensive player in the entire class, while Chad Reuter had him coming off the board to the Raiders in Round 2 (No. 48 overall) of his most recent mock draft.

STOP IT!!!!

Dont tempt fate...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
STOP IT!!!!

Dont tempt fate...
Honestly, if we trade down and acquire Zeus Brown Jr, I'd have no problem with Moehrig. I THINK with our FA acquisitions, we won't go CB.

UCF DB Richie Grant ran a 4.53 second 40-yard dash at his pro day workout.Grant (5'11/186) posted a respectable 40-yard dash time in addition to a 6.78 second 3-Cone drill and 10'9" broad jump that rank as top flight marks. His overall 6.36 is good, but not great. Grant has seen his draft stock rise all the way up to 37th overall, which is where The Athletic draft analyst Dane Brugler has him ranked. The former two-star recruit should see his name called on Day 2 of the upcoming NFL Draft.
SOURCE: The Athletic

DARRICK FORREST AND JAMES WIGGINS, SAFS, CINCINNATIThe best safety duo in all of college football was at TCU. Trevon Moehrig is a likely first-round pick, while his running mate, Ar’Darius Washington, was a top-flight college safety who simply lacks NFL measurables. The second-best duo belonged to college football’s third-best defense: the Cincinnati Bearcats.
Wiggins has long been an NFL prospect. A longtime Feldman Freak, and literally called “The Freak” within Cincinnati’s program, injuries robbed us of Wiggins’ 2019 season and parts of his 2020 season—when he’s on the field, he’s a top-five safety in this class. The Freak delivered on his billing, with a 4.40s flat 40-yard dash, 10-foot-7-inch broad, 38-inch vert, and 22 reps on the bench. Those 210 pounds that he carries allowed him to play as a downhill filler in the unique Cincinnati defense, and in the league, will make him a quality box safety.
His running mate, Forrest, was the deep safety behind Wiggins in the Bearcats approach. He arguably had the more impressive day, beating Wiggins in both the broad (11-foot) and vert (39-inch) with a 4.42s 40, also clearing 200 pounds—impressive for a college roof player. Forrest’s length and density should allow him to fill combo roles in the league, which gives him extra value as a Day 3 pick.
I expect both Cincinnati safeties to go before Round 4 is over, and I think Wiggins is a starter when healthy. Forrest may take a year or two, but don’t be surprised if he’s contending for a starting job after locking down a special teams job.

TYLER COYLE, S, PURDUERemember the Rondale Moore Pro Day? It was sick. Moore jumped 42.5 inches in the vertical, which is a top wide receiver number historically, apparently broke 4.3s flat in the 40, and added a 6.68s three-cone to boot.
It was an amazing day… and it may not have been the best Boilermaker performance.
Coyle, who I had never heard of before the day, had a 39-inch vert, 11-foot-1-inch broad, 4.36s 40-yard dash, and a 4.00s short shuttle (don’t ask me about the three-cone). All of those numbers are at least 85th percentile for safeties, and he delivered them at 6-foot-1 and 209 pounds—great size. 
Coyle, like Johnson, is a player I haven’t watched yet. But like Johnson, he has a ton of special teams experience, which is good news for sticking on an NFL roster, as well as three years of starting experience and, oh, that athletic ability, too.