Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Thielen Redo, Tomlinson Voidable Years, And Stimulus Check

[Image: BgCr4vnl_normal.jpg]
Ben Goessling
@GoesslingStrib
· 1h
That should put the #Vikings around $15.85 million in remaining cap space, once an Adam Thielen restructure hits the books.

Find a CB and a G with that dough.

I really don't want to spend money on s new TV

[Image: Q-g9E52g_bigger.png]
#Vikings still have a good chunk of change to spend. They'll have to set aside around $6M for the draft class, practice squad, final 53 and IR but they can still extend Harrison Smith to create another roughly $5M.

[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
Update to this from last night: The #Vikings added three void years to Tomlinson’s deal to spread out the bonus hits. His cap numbers should be only $6M this year and $7.5M in 2022, with $7.5M in bonus prorations hitting the cap after that. First I’ve seen them use void years.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: BgCr4vnl_bigger.jpg]
Update to this from last night: The #Vikings added three void years to Tomlinson’s deal to spread out the bonus hits. His cap numbers should be only $6M this year and $7.5M in 2022, with $7.5M in bonus prorations hitting the cap after that. First I’ve seen them use void years.
they are pretty much forced to start going that route since all other teams are back loading these deals to try and get into that new ( unknown) cap money that is supposed to be coming with the new TV deals.  if they dont they would really be on the outside looking in with as many FAs that there are this year.

Rumor is the new TV money will be big.

[Image: 4QzINHLJ_bigger.jpg]
It makes sense. When I talked to him last December he told me he sees himself playing until he can't anymore. So a couple year extension (he's 32 this season) to lower that $10.75 cap hit for 2021 makes sense. I'd been hearing it talked about as a possibility for some time.