Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doogie Says

0:17
11.1K views
[Image: wolfson1_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings making a push to keep FA safety Anthony Harris, I hear.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
0:17
11.1K views
[Image: wolfson1_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings making a push to keep FA safety Anthony Harris, I hear.

Surprising, if true.
But my biggest takeaway from many of the mock drafts that have been posted on here the past month is that the Vikings have a LOT of holes. Even with most of you getting us the 2nd round pick back, there'd still be a glaring hole that doesn't get filled.
So a Harry restructure and a Harris re-signing would eliminate that need for another year at least. I can understand it.
We did just sign a DT and Rashod Hill so things are starting to come together but definitely still need OL, DE, LB... and maybe CB... and WR3... and...

Yeah, that would be a surprise. I think that money could be better used elsewhere, but right now the only two safeties we have on the roster are Harry and Metellus. 

Harris seemed set on leaving, but I think he expected a Brinks truck in his driveway Monday morning and didn't get it.

Question is, would keeping Harris be better than adding a new FA safety like Neal? Neal is younger, but I don't see other advantages over someone who knows the system here. Which will cost less?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Yeah, that would be a surprise. I think that money could be better used elsewhere, but right now the only two safeties we have on the roster are Harry and Metellus. 
Hand might move to S.

Bust out the Spicoli memes.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Hand might move to S.

Bust out the Spicoli memes.
Boyd is also better suited for Safety. If he stays at CB, he's no better than a dime. Either way adding 2 Safeties s/b a priority & hopefully one will be a vet.

Harris didn't have a great year.

The Viking defense was historically bad.

Harris turns 30 in Oct.

Not the kind of resume that screams BRINX truck  deal.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:

Harris turns 30 in Oct.

in fairness to Harris,  he was forced to baby sit last year and that takes away from your own game.  he truly had to play S and not allowed to free lance much which will take away from turn overs and such.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mattyman" said:

Harris turns 30 in Oct.

in fairness to Harris,  he was forced to baby sit last year and that takes away from your own game.  he truly had to play S and not allowed to free lance much which will take away from turn overs and such.
This. Don't get the bagging on Harris. The defense was SO bad.