Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to go Russell Okung

I still have no idea how Bitcoin works.

I'm still not sure if this deserves accolades or snickers...

Maybe this digital currency really is here to stay.

Pro athletes have a long and storied history of being savvy with their financial decisions.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Pro athletes have a long and storied history of being savvy with their financial decisions.
Not sure whether to like or laugh about that.

I just don't need of another type of investment at this point, to do any real research.  The crypto currency markets just do not feel right to me, watched a story about investing in digital art and NFT's, I am really wary of it.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
I still have no idea how Bitcoin works.
Me either, not a clue

I am just giving the guy credit. He didn't hurt anyone. He is not in any kind of trouble. And when he did it a lot of people were like what the actual fuck. He came out ahead so good for him.

the only cryptos worth anything are tokens tied to actual assets.  minerals, real estate, energy certificates, etc. 

the rest is purely speculative

Good for Okung, but essentially this is a report on his investments...especially if he still has that money in Bitcoin, not yet converted from something which might decrease in value tomorrow. 

As for this:
Quote:"This increase makes Okung one of the 30 highest-paid NFL players today."
Did it change what the Panthers pay him? No. For all I know, Christian Ponder invested the entirety of his rookie contract in Netflix stock, and by Okung's logic Ponder was "paid" $373 million for his 4 years here. 

[Image: akD3oP5P_mini.jpg]
Daniel Kaplan
@KaplanSportsBiz
· 33m
NFL has put a hold on teams’ cryptocurrency, NFT deals for now as league assesses digital markets, my story via @TheAthletic https://theathletic.com/news/nfl-to-te