Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barr trade in the works?
https://purpleptsd.com/barr-whispers-trade-begin/
A new wrinkle was added on Thursday, though. Via Twitter, a realistic Anthony Barr trade was mentioned by a Minneapolis sports personality – one not known for outrageous pot-stirring...
The source is Darren Wolfson from kstp.com. He isn’t a Vikings conspiracy theorist. He does not outwardly “favor Anthony Barr over Eric Wilson.” He avoids ascribing to a one-sided Vikings hype agenda.
By implication, he is hearing that Barr could conceivably be traded. General Manager Rick Spielman confirmed Vikings trade talks were underway (Barr or no Barr), and Wolfson believes this could affect Barr. Pretty elementary stuff.
Wolfson is not your buddy from Chaska that hates Kirk Cousins and wants the Vikings to cut him and rebuild. He is a credible Vikings voice... [Which one of ya'll is he talking about here?  B)]

Yeah, Doogie is very solid. He's been right WAY more than he's been wrong. I wouldn't be surprised. 

Nothing like trading a player after they're coming off a year long injury...

I'm not changing my moniker again.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Yikes. Yep. Maybe we can do a board poll?

JJGoesfor296?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Yeah, it's not exactly high-pointing the value. I think Barr is underrated and overpaid. Now, how's that for a contradiction? I think fans underrated him, but he's getting paid a ton of money for an off-ball LB. Just don't like the dead cap hit that comes with moving him. And replacing him, presumably with Wilson, won't be cheap either. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Yeah, it's not exactly high-pointing the value. I think Barr is underrated and overpaid. Now, how's that for a contradiction? I think fans underrated him, but he's getting paid a ton of money for an off-ball LB. Just don't like the dead cap hit that comes with moving him. And replacing him, presumably with Wilson, won't be cheap either. 

Well, if he was part of a trade that brings Brown here, I could see it. But, if I'm the Ravens, I keep Judan instead of trading for someone who hasn't played in a 3-4.

For all the splash plays, Wilson simply can't tackle. Plus, you're going to have to pay him a ton too. And, as PF mentioned, you've selling low. Not good.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
JJGoesfor296?
GettinGriddy18™

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Well, if he was part of a trade that brings Brown here, I could see it. But, if I'm the Ravens, I keep Judan instead of trading for someone who hasn't played in a 3-4.

For all the splash plays, Wilson simply can't tackle. Plus, you're going to have to pay him a ton too. And, as PF mentioned, you've selling low. Not good.
If you trade or release Barr, you save $7.2M, but you incur $7.8 in dead money. I don't know what Wilson will cost per year, but if it's anywhere near the $8M rumored you risk seriously downgrading at SLB but getting more expensive at the position.