Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did we learn in this Dolphin game?
This game to me was a complete waste of time on everybody's part.  Was there anything we learned?  Who played themselves off the team?

Pat Shurmur play called, and coached himself off this team. Andre Patterson coached his way off the team. Sparano is on the bubble. Adam Zimmer should be updating his resume, after watching Barr turn into a mediocre LB, and developing virtually none of the backups into anything other than special team fodder. Whoever thought that Trae Waynes was worth the 11th pick in the draft should be stocking groceries. The first two coaches mentioned appear to have done nothing to improve or change their game in years. Zimmer is going to be a pissy dude all year, and the players will stop responding, because the scheme, talent, and play calling hasn't changed, and although it appears to not be putting the team in the best position to win, we look to be going forward with it anyway. A sure fire way for the head guy to find himself on the familiar head coaching scrap pile with the likes of Chilli...  

WOW that's kinda brutal.   

My big take away was, hold off on that #20 Alexander jersey, they will be on the sale rack soon.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
My big take away was, hold off on that #20 Alexander jersey, they will be on the sale rack soon.
Yep. He's just not grasping the mentality of slot corner. Might be a huge liability. I'll take Exum's feistiness, fire and hustle as the slot corner over a more talented Alexander at this point. 

I learned that I'll watch anything as long as there are players wearing the Purple and Gold.  Last night was on par with the Pro Bowl.... NFL needs to be careful, I see a lot of fans not watching and even more empty seats in stadiums.  Preseason games would be a perfect time to check out the new stadium for Viking fans... but I saw lots of empties there. 

Did Koehn kick himself out of a job last night with the missed XP?

Quote: @Norse said:
Did Koehn kick himself out of a job last night with the missed XP?
It didn't help, but I think they had decided on Kai before this last game.

I quit watching after the 2nd quarter.  I heard the ex-gopher QB was going to play, and I didn't want to see that.  I guess we learned that the backups can play just as poorly as the 1st stringers. 

Maybe it's a good thing to have low expectations; nowhere to go but up.  B)

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
I learned that I'll watch anything as long as there are players wearing the Purple and Gold.  Last night was on par with the Pro Bowl.... NFL needs to be careful, I see a lot of fans not watching and even more empty seats in stadiums.  Preseason games would be a perfect time to check out the new stadium for Viking fans... but I saw lots of empties there. 
Actually it started out pretty full but people started to leave at the half. During the third quarter, it really emptied out.