Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Bait... who do we have
As I am running through my head the decent players that wont likely make this team,   I am thinking about what it would be nice to add.... unfortunately I dont think we really have much in terms of talent that might bring something in return.

The one player that I keep coming back to is Jarius Wright,  its become pretty apparent that he is not going to see Sunday as a Viking (much to my dismay)  however I think he is a good enough receiver to generate fair interest if he were to be released.  So who needs receiver help and what position of strength do they deal from and will it help the Vikes?
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

Schumur?  IF what we saw the first team do in preseason is our actual game plan.   IF not, the good on him for not showing his hand.  

Wright is about all there is with value or enough upside to fill a roster spot.  As much as I had convinced myself of the overall quality personnel on this team, after this preseason I feel our bench is pretty lean.  

Not sure how to take Wright not playing last night.  Does that mean he's a lock or are they keeping him uninjured in case a trade can be worked out?  Keenum has played well enough this preseason to have teams ask about his availability, I'm sure.  QB's are in such high demand that even a decent vet with starting experience could demand a fairly decent return.  About the only other spot I can think of that may garner some attention is our depth at the DT position.  Jones or Sutton could may be worth it to a team short of talent in that area.

Quote: @AllBS said:
Not sure how to take Wright not playing last night.  Does that mean he's a lock or are they keeping him uninjured in case a trade can be worked out?  Keenum has played well enough this preseason to have teams ask about his availability, I'm sure.  QB's are in such high demand that even a decent vet with starting experience could demand a fairly decent return.  About the only other spot I can think of that may garner some attention is our depth at the DT position.  Jones or Sutton could may be worth it to a team short of talent in that area.
after Heinekes poor showing last night and Teddy going to the PUP I figured keenum sticks.   and neither Jones nor Sutton showed anything in the preseason IMO to warrant a trade or even a 7th round pick.

really sad how little we have at most positions.   Maybe one of the DEs?,  

Trade Barr now while teams still think he is good. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
he certainly is an enigma IMO.  

They tried to trade Wright before and that went nowhere. They will probably try it again. 

Wright wont get you anything more than a 7th rounder, he isnt any better than players that will be cut

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
Wright wont get you anything more than a 7th rounder, he isnt any better than players that will be cut
True and I think they are trying in hopes of getting rid of his salary.

Quote: @AllBS said:
About the only other spot I can think of that may garner some attention is our depth at the DT position.  Jones or Sutton could may be worth it to a team short of talent in that area.
I think the reason we seem to have a lot of DTs is because we have very few who are actually good.
Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Probably our only shot at a significant trade, as in obtaining another valuable player. Our DEs are apparently untouchable, even though Zimmer and Patterson are very good at finding and developing that position.