Updated GBN Mock Draft

Question for the draftniks:

Is Matt Jones worthy of a top 15 pick? 

What about 14 to the Vikings???

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Mac Jones? I would say as always with QB's its in the eye of the beholder as the demand will always push them up draft boards for needy teams. He could certainly go in the top 15 depending on how the draft plays out, but he could also potentially fall into the second round too. 

I've been a huge advocate of the Vikings drafting a QB to groom but I don't see this being the year as Zimmer and Spielman are essentially all in on making a run with this squad and save their jobs. However if Lance or Fields inexplicably fell into their laps....that might be a different conversation

Kiper has him going #8 in his latest mock, for whatever that's worth.

You know, one analyst comped him to Cousins. Soooooo...

I think he's a little underrated right now due to his perceived lack of mobility and outstanding supporting cast at Alabama. He didn't seem to have trouble getting them the ball. 

Former coach June Jones has Mac Jones as his top QB. Yes, over Lawrence. 

If you want your QBOTF, better get him now. There's a couple guys I like in 2022, but if they were in this class, no one would crack the top 4, maybe 5 depending on how you feel about Jones.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think he's a little underrated right now due to his perceived lack of mobility and outstanding supporting cast at Alabama. He didn't seem to have trouble getting them the ball. 

That's bold.  Not really sure he does anything to stand out from all the Bama QB's before him in that system. 

I'd almost rather sit tight and roll the dice on Kyle Trask in the second or third round then spend #14 on Jones.

Barr, what's the girlfriends opinion on Trask and his NFL prospects?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

This most certainly didnt help his cause...

[Image: ElShTwqXgAA_BGm.jpg]