Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings hire Guenther

Better than Dom "The carpet" Capers

Honestly, is anyone shocked? I'm like, what took so long after he got booted. Anything to get the D back where it was is fine by me.

The potential scapegoat for 2021? Zim always seems to have one in recent years.

Zimmer wanted Guenther to come with him when he took the job as Vikings HC, but at the time Guenther was a hot item and didn't want to be in Z's shadow. Now, Guenther is about as hot as an ice cube.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Zimmer wanted Guenther to come with him when he took the job as Vikings HC, but at the time Guenther was a hot item and didn't want to be in Z's shadow. Now, Guenther is about as hot as an ice cube.
Or, he's about to be benefactor to a D returning to Top 10 form.

Quote: @StickyBun said:

Relatively speaking ice cubes are pretty warm.  Heck I remember the Giants game at TCF.  They iced the beer in cow tubs to keep it warm. Wink

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
Hope you're right, BN55 - SKOL!. 

We have such high hopes for guys like Hunter, Pierce, and Barr to come back and dominate.  My struggles are I've never seen Pierce play (never heard of him before he became a Viking), and we have no clue how the recovery is going with Danielle or Barr.
It would be fantastic if the D can turn it around in a single off season, but things really have to fall in place for that to happen.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@StickyBun said:
I think it's possible. I like this secondary with a year of offseason activity and training camp. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:

Relatively speaking ice cubes are pretty warm.  Heck I remember the Giants game at TCF.  They iced the beer in cow tubs to keep it warm. Wink
I was at that game. 

I think with a bunch of other VF members, I can't remember anything but the cold and dark lol!!

It was like going back in time, right to the Olde Met.