Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft time again!
If this came to pass I would not be upset at all.

[Image: oqy394lm0y9n.png]

I love the idea of trading back a few spots from 14 and still landing a high impact defender like Rousseau,... or Paye... or Barmore.

However, I don't like the idea of trading away picks 49 and 62 for a bunch of C+ mid round picks. Don't get me wrong, I like Richie Grant, Baron Browning, Jay Tufele and Nico Collins, but the Vikings are already set to land those types of guys with 5 picks between 79 to 125.

If Rick trades back from 14, he needs to be aggressive and then try to land a couple more top 50 guys. Why not trade up to get Alijah Vera Tucker OT/G or Levi Onwuzurike DT if they fall past top 40?

That's a great draft. i like a lot of the players you took (Stokes, Grant, Collins, McKitty), but i would like this a lot more if i knew you got your 3T in free agency. 

i like Tufele just fine, but this team is loaded with middle round DL depth. We need a star there.

JMO, but I think 3T has to come either from free agency or the 1st round...no later than the 2nd round. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
That's a great draft. i like a lot of the players you took (Stokes, Grant, Collins, McKitty), but i would like this a lot more if i knew you got your 3T in free agency. 

i like Tufele just fine, but this team is loaded with middle round DL depth. We need a star there.

JMO, but I think 3T has to come either from free agency or the 1st round...no later than the 2nd round. 
What 2nd round????

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

I get your thinking, and honestly I would have loved to have landed a DT like Levi in the 2nd (Personal preference is Barmore in the 1st, but there was a run on Edge rushers and didn't want to lose out) but I couldn't help but trade back to help accumulate more picks and add more quality depth all over. Plus, I think Tufele will be a pretty good pro and if Lynch can continue to develop I think we'll be good, especially if we put Odenigbo in a reserve pass rush role where he rotated between DE & DT.
Quote:@Carl Knowles said:love the idea of trading back a few spots from 14 and still landing a high impact defender like Rousseau,... or Paye... or Barmore.

However, I don't like the idea of trading away picks 49 and 62 for a bunch of C+ mid round picks. Don't get me wrong, I like Richie Grant, Baron Browning, Jay Tufele and Nico Collins, but the Vikings are already set to land those types of guys with 5 picks between 79 to 125.

If Rick trades back from 14, he needs to be aggressive and then try to land a couple more top 50 guys. Why not trade up to get Alijah Vera Tucker OT/G or Levi Onwuzurike DT if they fall past top 40?
I like the extra picks in this mock. I think Humphrey could be a really good G, and also serve as a backup to Bradbury in event of injury. The rest are potential starters who currently would be groomed behind established vets (at least after some moves in FA). After some cuts/restructures, I'd love to sign some guys like Curtis Samuel (in my off-season FA mock, he'd be the semi-big get), a FA guard like Brian Winters, maybe Kevin Zeitler if he gets cut as some have speculated, then on D I'd take a flyer on a guy like Malik Hooker who although injury prone, has played very well when on the field and could be had for a discount...and then bring Xaviewr Rhodes home. He played very well last year for the Colts, is a FA, probably won't command a huge contract due to age, and it's not like the Vikings didn't offer a contract last year. He'd fit in well, won't be asked with being the top dawg, and would be a tremendous resource for the young corners. 

After all that, here's how the team would look:

QB - Cousins, Mannion (I don't see much change here unless a surprise QB makes it onto the market as a backup)
RB - Cook, Mattison, Boone, Ham (FB)
WR - Jefferson, Thielen, Samuel, Collins, Beebe
TE - Smith, Conklin, McKitty, Dillon
OL - E. Cleveland, Humphrey, Bradbury, Zeitler, O'Neill, Hill, Hinton, B. Cleveland, Udoh, Samia (Reiff was the hard one to cut, but the savings to add   depth and Move Cleveland over were too tempting)
DL - Hunter, Tufele, Pierce, Rousseau, Odenigbo, Lynch, Slaton, Wonnum, Ogundeji, Watts
LB - Barr, Kendricks, Dye, Davis, Browning
CB - Rhodes, Gladney, Dantzler, Stokes, Hughes, Hand/Boyd
S - Smith, Hooker, Mettelus, Grant

@PurpleCrush  The Panthers offered pick 8, Teddy and a 3rd for Stafford. If pick 8 and Teddy are on the table for Kirk Cousins... this what my mock looks like. (not trading next years 1st - that just represents Cousins for simulator purpose). I was also able to trade down from 14 and land Rousseau and Wyatt Davis after landing Lance and Bridgewater for Cousin.

[Image: 1ir3qdcnsw8g.png]

Alaric Jackson in the 7th?  Sign me up for that...  Hainsey is a nice pick if we stick him at OG.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
@PurpleCrush  The Panthers offered pick 8, Teddy and a 3rd for Stafford. If pick 8 and Teddy are on the table for Kirk Cousins... this what my mock looks like. (not trading next years 1st - that just represents Cousins for simulator purpose). I was also able to trade down from 14 and land Rousseau and Wyatt Davis after landing Lance and Bridgewater for Cousin.

I think you hacked the mock draft board.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:

That's a pretty badass top 4. i wouldn't want Teddy over Kirk, but if you give me Lance on the bench, I'll take it. 

If Zimmer got Teddy back, he wouldn't want to draft Trey Lance..