Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Carr

The QB carousel this year is just crazy. One can't keep up

Translation: "We have no f&#*ing idea what's going on, so let's throw some spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks"

The Raiders have spent the years developing the guy and now as he approaches his prime, they want to move him? I see that as a bad move. Maybe if he had struggled with the change to a more vertical scheme, but he got better with the opportunity to throw down field more.
Honestly, Carr is the least of that team’s worries. They need help in a number of areas and Watson isn’t going to make up for those deficiencies. If I was the Texans, I’d fleece them for all they have and roll with Carr while making the many picks count. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
The Raiders have spent the years developing the guy and now as he approaches his prime, they want to move him? I see that as a bad move. Maybe if he had struggled with the change to a more vertical scheme, but he got better with the opportunity to throw down field more.
Honestly, Carr is the least of that team’s worries. They need help in a number of areas and Watson isn’t going to make up for those deficiencies. If I was the Texans, I’d fleece them for all they have and roll with Carr while making the many picks count. 
Watson would own Vegas....For years. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Part of me agrees with this because you’re right that Carr is decent, but one thing to consider is that the Broncos are one of the betting favorites to land Watson.

Herbert also has big time potential (especially with a new coach who isn’t Lynn), and then you got Mahomes and now Watson rounding out the division.

Carr’s contract is up in 2022. If they re-sign him they’d be paying him big money to be the worst QB in the division for 4-5 more years. Not ideal. I can see where LV would be nervous about that scenario unfolding.

I just can't imagine Carr wanting to have anything to do with Houston after seeing how that Org. did with his brother.   

Quote: @RS Express said:
Translation: "We have no f&#*ing idea what's going on, so let's throw some spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks"
Sure, but do we have anything else to occupy our time?  This year, more then any before, any NFL rumor is of interest even if BS.

That, plus I am doing the draft simulators multiple times a day and then their is night time Smile

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
I just can't imagine Carr wanting to have anything to do with Houston after seeing how that Org. did with his brother.   
No kidding. Wonder if he has any trade veto power in his contract?

In ways this feels unlikely. But Gruden doesn't like players that he didn't acquire. They also have Mariota..