Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remmers to Start at LT For KC?
I like the Bucs...!  Wink 

actually yesterday I watched him and aside from a couple brain farts, there was one play in particular where I was impressed with his football “smarts”.

it was a running play opposite of his side, after his block (and the play was away from him)
he drifted behind the ball carrier, just in case he fumbled, or ball popped out...he would be the only one in position to make a tackle if it started going the opposite direction.  

shows some savvy.  we always coached up our players (especially QBs) to drift to play side, just in case of INT or fumble return

Well, it could be a long day facing that Bucs front, w/ Vita Vea back those edge guys are feasting...

Quote: @Kentis said:
Well, it could be a long day facing that Bucs front, w/ Vita Vea back those edge guys are feasting...
the difference is Mahomes wont be hesitant to take those big underneath running lanes that Rogers avoided yesterday

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
the difference is Mahomes wont be hesitant to take those big underneath running lanes that Rogers avoided yesterday

Where the Bucs superior LBers, White & David will be waiting. Mahomes turf toe could also factor in. I didn’t see much room to escape w/ Vea collapsing the interior yesterday either...

@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Where the Bucs superior LBers, White & David will be waiting. Mahomes turf toe could also factor in. I didn’t see much room to escape w/ Vea collapsing the interior...
I saw at least 3 or 4 times where there was open daylight ahead of Rogers and he refused to take it,  IIRC twice on that infamous drive that netted them 3 points.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Where the Bucs superior LBers, White & David will be waiting. Mahomes turf toe could also factor in. I didn’t see much room to escape w/ Vea collapsing the interior...
I saw at least 3 or 4 times where there was open daylight ahead of Rogers and he refused to take it,  IIRC twice on that infamous drive that netted them 3 points.

Like Leslie Frazier liked to say, missed opportunities... Wink 

@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Didn’t he have to review the game films first.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Didn’t he have to review the game films first.
Yeah, and word is he is getting looked at for film critic in Houston.

If Remmers is on the blindside, yikes.  We know how well that turned out last time he was there.  I think there were business decisions made that day.

Remmers has been an adequate tackle his whole career. One team thought they were smarter than everyone else and put him at guard where he was a total disaster.