Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acceptance
The key to life is acceptance. I have accepted the fact the NFL will cease to exist before the Vikings win the Super Bowl.

I dont disagree with the sentiment, not after all these decades of rooting for this franchise.

Sadly, only one team gets to gloat at years end. I've also learned along the way to try and enjoy the ride more. 

IMO the best chance Vikings had at a ring was vs Steelers - and that was a long, long time ago now. How many fans left even remember Tulane stadium? Or heard of it? 

Gotta have some luck and fairy dust along the way too. 98/09? Thought one of those teams would come through.

Football gods dont like the Vikings; I still blame Max Winter. Franchise was cursed from day 1. 

We certainly won't win a Super Bowl with our current Head Coach. The sooner the Wilf's come to that realization, the quicker we can move on. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that they are smart enough to find an innovative Leader to run this franchise and put a championship product on the field. 

fan since the ‘70’s also, getting older

I dont think Ill see it in my lifetime.

I accept I’ll never see my beloved Vikings win a SB.  If they ever do, great, but I don’t expect it.

Yabbut, do you have a question Geoff?

Not today. But Diggs ain’t going to the Super Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JZW7zMDfY

Quote: @"Lee 19" said:
The key to life is acceptance. I have accepted the fact the NFL will cease to exist before the Vikings win the Super Bowl.
Yeah, well long ago I have accepted the fact the NFL will cease to exist before I see the Vikings in the Superbowl.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I dont disagree with the sentiment, not after all these decades of rooting for this franchise.

Sadly, only one team gets to gloat at years end. I've also learned along the way to try and enjoy the ride more. 

IMO the best chance Vikings had at a ring was vs Steelers - and that was a long, long time ago now. How many fans left even remember Tulane stadium? Or heard of it? 

Gotta have some luck and fairy dust along the way too. 98/09? Thought one of those teams would come through.

Football gods dont like the Vikings; I still blame Max Winter. Franchise was cursed from day 1. 
I think the two best Viking teams never played in the Super Bowl. '98 Vikings followed by the '75 Vikings, the team that lost to Dallas in the divisional round on Pearson's hail Mary. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I think the two best Viking teams never played in the Super Bowl. '98 Vikings followed by the '75 Vikings, the team that lost to Dallas in the divisional round on Pearson's hail Mary. 

I might actually flip those two with my logic being the 75 team was such a juggernaut on both sides of the ball. But yah, those would definitely be my 2 as well.