Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs/Zimmer article

Funny article. I guess we live in a world now where the coach shouldn't expect players to follow direction. Diggs felt 'betrayed'....lmao, so dramatic. Cousins production and the offensive output was quite good, you'd think the team was averaging 9 points a game or something. 

Its really about maturity levels and that never gets talked about with 'divas'. I loved Diggs when he was a Viking and its no surprise how well he's doing in Buffalo. If Mahomes doesn't play Sunday, bet the farm that the Bills are in the Superbowl. And if that somehow in the media's eyes prove that Diggs was 'right', then so be it. Zimmer ain't perfect but he's far from a tyrant also. A tyrant doesn't seek out help, admit to weaknesses and try to think outside the box like Z does. I think its possible the team suffered at times with his learning curve as a HC, but he's beyond that. 

2021 will be an interesting year in Minnesota. Diggs's success has been mitigated big time with Jefferson's success. 

Sticky, that might be all true but its not like this is the first article about Zimmer being a douche. I was a yuge Zimmer guy but I’m done. For whatever reason he lost this team in the second half of the eagles nfcc game.  What did he say or do in that lockerroom that night?

Anyway you shake it, its time to move on. 

He skipped meetings.
He skipped practices.
Fuck Diggs.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
He skipped meetings.
He skipped practices.
Fuck Diggs.
Right. Zimmer can definitely come off as a douche because he's old school. I would imagine that if we skipped meetings or skipped work our bosses would be quite pissed off at us as well. I'm happy Diggs is having success but let's not act like he handled the situation better than Zimmer

Quote: @StickyBun said:

2021 will be an interesting year in Minnesota. Diggs's success has been mitigated big time with Jefferson's success. 
Imagine the typical talk radio fan if the Vikings had not drafted JJ...

We lucked out big time with Jefferson but Diggs was right about things with the offense. I am sick and tired of the offense being handcuffed. No more holding back. It's a scoring league and they have to evolve. I am happy for Diggs regardless of the so-called drama. 

Diggs went from 102 receptions in 2018 to 63 in 2019 in each season that he played in 15 games.  If you were in performance based pay position and your employer reduced your opportunity for performance by 40% wouldn't you be upset?  

There is no argument here, Diggs proved he was right going to Buffalo and leading the league in receptions with 127 and yards with 1,535 and is currently leading in both categories in the playoffs as heads into the AFC Championship game on a team where all his teammates and coaches have called him the ultimate leader, competitor and team player.  On the Vikings he was known as a good WR who caught the Minneapolis Miracle, in Buffalo he is known as the best WR in the league who helped transform the Bills into a Super Bowl contender and helped turn Josh Allen into a premier QB.  

I can understand being defensive of your team and coaches, but look at the lackluster performance of this team.  They play with very little fire, they never seem prepared for a game.  They play the Bears twice a year and you would think they had no clue what they were going to run every year.  Our offense is awesome against the below average teams and when the game is not on the line, but when the game is on the line or in a big game they wilt.  I am really happy for Diggs to have escaped the dysfunction that this organization is obviously filled with.  

The way it all kind of transpired is still odd. In the end Diggs wanted to be the focal point of the offense and that wasn't going to happen here. He's proven he can be the #1 on a good team in Buffalo so I'd say he was right in a way. The missing practices and such during the season was not alright. I can't remember where but he did admit that wasn't the right thing to do. But in the end if the Bills hadn't offered a 1st + I think the Vikings were ready to hold onto him. 

Plenty of blame to go around...

Thank goodness the football gods smiled on Eagan and let them draft JJ. 

ISJ, AT and JJ...Compare that to some of the schlock skill players we watched on playoff teams this past weekend.