Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Really??
She's absolutely stunning, she's married to the Biebs and she needs therapy because of online trolls??

Somebody help me. WTF is going on with many kids today? Historians are going to look back on social media as the destroyer of modern society. Its toxic as hell to young developing brains that are so susceptible. SMH. Its too easy to say, 'Pull your head out of your ass and get your priorities straight'. Its my knee jerk reaction and probably many other people over 35 years old. But that doesn't help the situation at all. Good lord.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hailey-b...00294.html

She’s sure it’s not Justin who’s the troll? 

Sad she lets herself get sucked into all that.
It’s easy Hailey, pull the plug on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, and whatever else you’re on...

That’ll be $500, please...  Wink

Quote: @prairieghost said:
She’s sure it’s not Justin who’s the troll? 

Sad she lets herself get sucked into all that.
It’s easy Hailey, pull the plug on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, and whatever else you’re on...

That’ll be $500, please...  Wink

My wife is by no means an everyday "celebrity" but she is in her line of work.  Social media is basically the way people communicate now days.  Its easy, its free (well not really) and people who want to follow you do it on those platforms. 

Its kind of turned into a necessary evil.  Its also why we should be very cautious about banning political views. 

My guess is her and his agent are requiring social media and probably have someone actually doing the posting for them. 

There is plenty of research that is showing a connection between mental health issues and social media. That may seem bizarre to some. Most of us grew up not immersed in social media but for young people that have not developed their own independent identity and fully grown brain, social media can be a scary place at times. Some people use it as an outlet to be deliberately cruel and bullying. Some people will say it's just words but look at the highest group increasing in mental health issues, there is a social media presence. And now with Coronavirus leaving a lot of people isolated, that is only exacerbating problems. Self esteem is also part of the equation. The thing with tweets, Instagram posts and so on, it doesn't go away. You can delete but people can take screen shots. Obviously some social media is attention seeking but sometimes you may not like the kind of attention you get. 

My background is in counseling psychology and one of the important things to keep in mind is that the "trigger" of an event is often not the root of the issue.  I am sure that social media can be extremely painful to some, especially when there is slanderous things being said about you that are not true.  That alone would make therapy extremely beneficial, however when it effects someone at a very deep level to the point where it is having a significant impact on their mental and physical health then there is very likely more there.  Often therapy is a process of peeling the onion and getting to the real issues. I am glad to see she is going public with it and drawing attention that celebrities are real people with real emotions and lives and that things that others put in print that have no factual basis can be potentially damaging.  I also appreciate her bringing a normalcy to going to therapy.  Psychological counseling is like a gym for a your mind and emotions and something that is beneficial to participate in when additional support is needed.  No one would question her if she was upset and went to the gym to burn off some steam.  Healthy people admit there is a problem and get help, it is the unhealthy ones who deny there is a problem and do not reach out for support.