Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - Got a heavy heart today
Had to put down a very sweet and loving dog yesterday. 

His owner died in Feb 2019 and his family dropped him off at the shelter to be put down. He had cancer and could barely get around. My wife saw him and we decided to take him as a "Hospice Foster" so he could at least live out his remaining time as comfortable as possible. Little did we know that he would still be kickin' 23 months later. 

Well the cancer had gotten really bad lately and he was bleeding constantly so we had to let him go. He would eat but he's lost like half his body weight since October. 

We had an appointment to put him down 2 weeks ago but postponed it as long as we could. I kinda wanted to postpone it again but he's in really bad shape and we don't want him to suffer. He ate a plain McDonalds cheeseburger on the way to the vet and the vets set up a place outside in a nice grassy area. It was very peaceful. I'm gonna miss that dude.

His original owner named him Popeye for obvious reasons. We shortened it to Pops.

My wife put this video together last night. You need sound.

The first two pictures are from the day we brought him home. He was a little shaggy.

&feature=youtu.be

I find you so very inspirational .... glad you gave that little guy so much confort and love until his time was up.

Touching video - What a lucky pup to have such a great forever home.

Been through it many times ourselves...So many great memories, and so hard to say goodbye. 

Godspeed pops

Pops sure had a friendly, sweet face.  Really nice vid, and great tune.  You have my condolences, SCViking.

Sorry to hear about your news. What a beautiful video. Rest easy Pops.

such a great tribute to Pops! Looks to me like he packed a lot of great living in those 23 months. You and your wife are awesome fosters, SC. 

Rest in Heaven, Pops.

World needs more like you and the missus @SCViking

Keep doing what you do! 

Nice work SCV.

Thanks my Viking family members. We've let quite a few guys go over the years but saying bye to him has been brutal. He was special. Thanks again. Skol!

Thanks so much for sharing!  What a special little guy!  So happy he was blessed to have found you and your wife.  You both are amazing!