Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson now owes 8.3 million
The 8.2 is late fee's and interest on a 5.4 loan.  He used some of that to pay off another defaulted loan.  Robbing Peter to pay Paul financial strategy that always works.  

Adrian Peterson ordered to pay massive amount of money for loan default (msn.com)

Remember when he was being called "Purple Jesus" by our fanbase?   Then we found out about the different baby mommas and then the switch ordeal.  Remember he had a birthday party with an Arabian theme where he rode in on a Camel? 

The guy is a dumbass and not a very good person but he can run with a football.  

In others news Peterson to play 5 more years

He is an incredibly gifted athlete no doubt about it. Obviously he is not smart about managing his money or not getting good advice. The saddest thing to me was one of his children (2 year old son) was killed by the mom's boyfriend in South Dakota. 

I really take no pleasure in hearing things like this.  Hopefully he can square away his finances (difficult as it may be) and find some solace within.  I wish him well.

When the news broke that he beat his kid with a switch I went home and threw my Peterson jersey in the dumpster. From that point on I no longer cared about his Vikings success, sorry just my IMO

the dumb one is the lender.  

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
He is an incredibly gifted athlete no doubt about it. Obviously he is not smart about managing his money or not getting good advice. The saddest thing to me was one of his children (2 year old son) was killed by the mom's boyfriend in South Dakota. 
Yea the switch also bothers me big time the boy was a baby I think he was 4.  He had whip marks on his genitals.  He should have went to prison for child abuse - IMHO.  Yes, I am being judgmental nothing bothers me more then child abuse.     

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Vikergirl said:
Yea the switch also bothers me big time the boy was a baby I think he was 4.  He had whip marks on his genitals.  He should have went to prison for child abuse - IMHO.  Yes, I am being judgmental nothing bothers me more then child abuse.     
I hear you but the law is very tricky around corporal punishment. Corporal punishment is legal in 19 states and up to 12th grade in many schools. Peterson was allowed to plead down to reckless assault. He said he learned from it then later said he still uses a switch and belt for discipline. Child abuse is absolutely disgusting. I grew up with that sort of discipline but I did not use it raising my child. 

World is rarely easy or b&w...

Here we have a HOF RB who happens to also be an abusive parent in the eyes of many.

Makes me wonder if he'll ever get a ring of honor with The Vikings?  But this is just going down the rabbit hole again. I recall some pretty epic discussions about AP back in the day. 

I hope he can get his finances together and has learned to be a better parent too. 

I don't wear his jersey anymore because of everything that happened, but I still remember his on-field accomplishments (and the fact he carried our team for about 8 years straight) very fondly.
He's not my favorite player anymore and has definitely fallen as a person in my eyes, but I still wish him well. The financial situation he's in is really unfortunate and likely only ends in filing for bankruptcy.
Hopefully he can find some peace in his personal life and family life in his post-playing career, and does not become another sad athlete reliving the glory days in their mind. Could really go either way. I wish him luck. It won't be easy.