Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me or are NFL teams bagging on their rookie QBs quick?

I'll take Tua if the Dolphins dont want him  :p

I was never high on Tua, never understood what everyone saw in him.  So many of those same people didn’t think Herbert was all that and I honestly thought Herbert was better than Burrows.

Definitely way too quick to judge on Tua. I know this is Tua, but we all know the "Anonymous" folks are: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jake Rudock, and Reid Sinnett Wink 

It's a new era. Teams don't have the time or patience to develop a qb anymore. It's all about the quick fix. 

Well, it's not like were living in an instant gratification world or anything...

Too early, but I also think that article is misleading. Sounds like the players are just wondering why they replaced Fitz when he was doing OK and the Dolphins were in playoff contention--a decision they ended up reversing anyway.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Too early, but I also think that article is misleading. Sounds like the players are just wondering why they replaced Fitz when he was doing OK and the Dolphins were in playoff contention--a decision they ended up reversing anyway.  
I wondered how it was going to work out with Brian Flores playing musical qbs. I like Flores as a coach but that is tough on qbs and the team.

Seems like NFL teams no longer develop a squad, it's sink or swim after 2-3 years.

I happen to think that Tua isn't going to be a great NFL QB. Overrated and the media wants so desperately to crown him, too. Good kid but limited IMO, he's not Russell Wilson. Tua doesn't have the kind of arm to just whip it 50 yards while scrambling, and being short and having mobility as part of your game you need to be accurate on the run. 

When he was drafted, the greater Miami area was over the top in how he would be an amazing player and transcendent for the community. You'd think they had drafted Peyton Manning or something. So much hyperbole by the Miami sports media . Actually it put a lot of pressure on the kid.