Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everson Seems To Be Really Interested In Coming Home

Had Everson stayed this season, he would have been our best DL by a large margin. If he wants to come back on a team friendly deal I’d be all for that. 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Had Everson stayed this season, he would have been our best DL by a large margin. If he wants to come back on a team friendly deal I’d be all for that. 
No thanks! The team should be moving forward not backwards. Find a younger player be it middle tear FA with upside with team friendly deal or draft and move on

Might take 2 years but,  I have a guess Kenny wilkes can play. 

My first response is to say sure, why not as part of a rotation? A team friendly deal? Win/win right? 

OTOH, is the franchise better off with a younger player on the roster, getting reps and a chance to grow?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
My first response is to say sure, why not as part of a rotation? A team friendly deal? Win/win right? 

OTOH, is the franchise better off with a younger player on the roster, getting reps and a chance to grow?
I am for the second option...younger player all the way.

Vet minimum with incentives is as far as I would go. Off the bench, situational role. Probably would not sign until third week of the preseason. I have to think there will be at least 2 edge guys drafted.

I read on another board somebody suggesting him for a 3T role?  BRob was pretty effective in that position,  EV played pretty good kicking inside in 2019 at times.  Perhaps he would fill that role next year and allow us to focus more on OG and QB in the first round instead of reaching for a 3T in a weak year draft wise for that position?

as far as EV vs a young guy.... are we rebuilding or not?  if we are looking at getting younger for the sake of the future and not necessarily for better talent,  then I dont see that as a win now mentality and then we are back to why are we keeping Cousins and a few others that will be past their primes when we are ready to contend?  I say rebuild,  but commit to it all the way,  dont dip a toe in the pool and decide its to cold and drag this shit out for another decade of futility.

@JimmyinSD I don't think we are rebuilding, I think we are more likely recovering. I like the idea of being in Griffin more if we move on from All-Vowels ™ for the swing DL slot. 

I think you're in a rebuild when you know that you are bad on both sides of the ball. Our offense is good and capable of putting points on almost anyone. The defense would have been at least middle of the pack this year with Hunter, Pierce, and Barr all playing. As of right now all of those guys are coming back