Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doug Pederson is tanking
Doug Pederson put Sudfeld in so the Eagles would lose for a better draft pick and a shot at a QB

It worked.

What do we infer?

That he is secure in his job and a win didn't matter?

That Zimmer is not and wanted a meaningless win?

I think mutually exclusive meaning different situations and philosophies per team.

That win today was just meaningless and I would have pulled Cousins and many others to see what we have although not much to pull on defense because we are bare bones there.  

I do not look forward to next season with Zimmer as HC and that is coming from a big supporter of our whole ownership/FO/Zimmer up until the Eagles debacle.  

We are stuck in playoff contender limbo.

Even with what looks like Spelly's 2nd best draft class this year I think we need change at the very least at HC.  8 years and I have seen enough of average.

yes Doug Pederson is secure and he saw clearly that a meaningless win is just that.  I got to give him credit for thinking in the big picture instead of a small moral victory he upped his draft position by at least four spots in every round.  Now he is in striking distance to move up to get one of the top two guys if he wants or stay put and hope one falls to him.  

That division is crap. This game was flexed into the Sunday night spot. I think the product and result was given more attention because of the spotlight. It's also another storyline for clicks and speculation.

That division is crap and so is ours other then the improved dominant Packers.

The Packers made changes tow years ago that have paid off already and may pay off big time at the tail end of Rodger (f**k).

I know, franchise QB vs none, but the new GM/HC were an excellent recognition of a need for change that I think we need ASAP.

Quote: @minny65 said:

The Packers made changes tow years ago that have paid off already and may pay off big time at the tail end of Rodger (f**k).

I know, franchise QB vs none, but the new GM/HC were an excellent recognition of a need for change that I think we need ASAP.
The league does not give a shit about the division other than the Packers but they want to hype the NFC east. We'll have to see where the team goes from here again.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@minny65 said:

The league does not give a shit about the division other than the Packers but they want to hype the NFC east. We'll have to see where the team goes from here again.
Not disagreeing and I am in East coast market which dwarfs the the North and most others if not all in market potential.

I was just talking about the Peterson/Zimmer tank and my disappointment for this draft which is loaded (more then most) at first/second round QB talent.  Of course we have no second and now 14th.  A few spots can make a huge difference in draft capital.  I am only talking about this draft and QB.  99% of the time I would not be for pulling most starters like in this meaningless game.  Draft is a crapshoot at every position of course but I wanted the ammo to do what we want to maybe move up into the 5 range if needed without mortgaging the future and those few spots matter. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Vikergirl said:
@minny65 said:

Not disagreeing and I am in East coast market which dwarfs the the North and most others if not all in market potential.

I was just talking about the Peterson/Zimmer tank and my disappointment for this draft which is loaded (more then most) at first/second round QB talent.  Of course we have no second and now 14th.  A few spots can make a huge difference in draft capital.  I am only talking about this draft and QB.  99% of the time I would not be for pulling most starters like in this meaningless game.  Draft is a crapshoot at every position of course but I wanted the ammo to do what we want to maybe move up into the 5 range if needed without mortgaging the future and those few spots matter. 
I hear you but it was so Vikings to win enough not to make the playoffs and be somewhere in the middle draft wise. I am not at all surprised by where they are at. I know Zimmer said that the last game was supposed to be an evaluation for 2021 but I am thinking where is the evaluation of Zimmer for next season. There are so many questions that need to be answered and so many holes to fill.

I am way done with Rick and Zim and at the point where I am starting not to care about the team. The mediocrity that is being embraced by the leadership is mind boggling. We pissed off an opportunity for a better pick, paraded the same players they have been critiquing in the name of evaluation. What did they learn today that they had not learned the past 16 games?
Good thing all I have and control is my keyboard.