Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubes Out In 2021?
"We'll see" when asked if he'll be back in 2021.

Per Twitter

He might get some head coaching interest.  Just what Zimmer needs, to break in a 4th OC in four years...

He said he’s year to year at this stage of his career, I don’t think he has any interest in being a HC again. Said he appreciated being one of the guys again, not sure he’s coming back however, we shall see... 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
"We'll see" when asked if he'll be back in 2021.

Per Twitter
translation:  Get the line fixed and let me call ALL the plays

A lot of moving parts, including contract, his son, his health. I would imagine the only way he would not be back is if he gets an HC offer AND he actually wants it, in which case, does he take his son with him as OC? Or does he let him take the same job in Minnesota?

Maybe he's just politely saying, "I don't assume anything in this business". Without turning this into another debate about the future of Zimmer, Kubiak knows the future of any assistant, anywhere, is dependent on the wishes - and fate - of the HC. So why say, "Yeah definitely" when it might be out of his hands? It can seem arrogant to assume you will be back, especially at the end of a disappointing season.

One scenario I believe would be an improvement, and I was hoping for it last year, was to get wade phillips in here as DC.  He has a long history with Kubiak.  He and Kubes with Clint as OC would be one of the few scenarios where i wouldnt care if Zimmer is back.

Maybe a pipe dream but a dream nonetheless  

We know he doesn't want to be a HC.   Maybe he also doesn't want to work where he'll never sniff a title again.

I really hope we don't use Kubiak as a scapegoat for this awful year of Viking football.  

Minnesota Vikings (2019–present)[edit]After two years off the field, Kubiak expressed interest in returning to the coaching ranks.[57] Initial reports stated that Kubiak would return to the Broncos coaching staff as offensive coordinator.[58][59] However, the Broncos would surprisingly reverse that decision a few days later due to disagreements with newly-appointed head coach Vic Fangio on the team's potential offensive philosophy and staffing.[60] While he had the opportunity to remain on the personnel department, Kubiak decided to leave the organization.[61]
Kubiak would officially announce his return to coaching weeks later, joining Mike Zimmer's staff as an assistant head coach and offensive advisor for the Minnesota Vikings.[62] He was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2020 following the departure of Kevin Stefanski, who left to accept the head coaching position of the Cleveland Browns.[63]
Kubiak has participated in seven Super Bowls, losing three as a player with the Broncos, winning three as an assistant coach with the Broncos and the 49ers, and winning Super Bowl 50 as the head coach of the Broncos.

He's been pretty transparent about not wanting to be a HC again...

The "uneasy season" for coaches not in the playoffs begins in just a few days. He knows how this all works. I think his answer to the question is appropriate. 

I thought I read at one time he has family here in MN too...Maybe grand babies?? That could be a big factor.