Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 League MVP
Game Over: Aaron Rodgers Is NFL's 2020 MVP

The Kansas City Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes remains Rodgers' greatest competition, though the reigning Super Bowl MVP fell to the wayside during an uninspiring 17-14 victory over the Atlanta Falcons. He threw for 278 yards, two scores and an interception. He also should have thrown a game-ending interception, but rookie cornerback A.J. Terrell couldn't hold onto the ball.
Granted, Mahomes responded with a game-winning touchdown pass on the following play. But his efficiency is still a tier below Rodgers' this season.
To be clear, no one is denying Mahomes' ability. He can do things basically no other quarterback can do with his unique arm angles and game-changing creativity outside of structure. He's also more of a risk-taker compared to Rodgers, which has led him into some rather poor throws even if defensive backs have dropped them. 
If anything, the Buffalo Bills' Josh Allen may be the only quarterback left who can still challenge Rodgers considering his squad plays Monday against the New England Patriots and then again next week against the Miami Dolphins. His value is a little different in that he's part of an ascending team and adds more as a runner with eight rushing touchdowns. 
He's still nine total touchdowns behind Rodgers.
As a team, the Packers are starting to pull away from everyone, as well. According to Football Outsiders' Aaron Schatz, Green Bay is now the league's best squad in both DVOA (defense-adjusted value over average) and weighted DVOA. 
Rodgers is the best player on arguably the best team, and he's playing the best brand of football found around the entire league. 
Winter is here. Think of Rodgers as the Night King breaking down the wall as he moves toward his inevitable destiny of a third MVP. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2924...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Really hoping they have to play the Rams in their first playoff game because that's a bad matchup for the Packers. Would like to see them lose at home right away so I can mock all of the "Rodgers is the GOAT" people

just threw up

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
Really hoping they have to play the Rams in their first playoff game because that's a bad matchup for the Packers. Would like to see them lose at home right away so I can mock all of the "Rodgers is the GOAT" people
Goff is likely out next week with a broken thumb,  will he be ready for the first round ?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
Goff is likely out next week with a broken thumb,  will he be ready for the first round ?
Good question and time will tell. Their offense will take a hit but that defense should keep them in any game

[Image: 6c9cdj8wokoa.jpeg]
Best of luck to you Aaron...!  Wink 

Quote: Rodgers is the best player on arguably the best team, and he's playing the best brand of football found around the entire league. 
In what world are the 12-3 Packers better than the defending champ 14-1 Chiefs  :/  What a bunch of BS! 

Chiefs have beaten 5 potential playoff teams, Packers have beaten 3 (and that is if you count last night's snowball).  Not to mention, the Packers lost to the worst defense in the league which pretty much discredits any discussion of best team.  

I think the best way to shut people up when it comes to Rodgers and the Packers vs Mahomes and the Chiefs is "Would you rather bet on Chiefs vs the field or the Packers vs the field?". Chiefs, no doubt right now.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
I think the best way to shut people up when it comes to Rodgers and the Packers vs Mahomes and the Chiefs is "Would you rather bet on Chiefs vs the field or the Packers vs the field?". Chiefs, no doubt right now.
the only ones you have to shut up are the fudge fans and you would have to explain to much of what you said to make it worth the effort.  just roll your eyes and walk away shaking your head and laughing.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
the only ones you have to shut up are the fudge fans and you would have to explain to much of what you said to make it worth the effort.  just roll your eyes and walk away shaking your head and laughing.
Actually, it's rather fun talking about it these days as even though the Vikings have been super inconsistent, I dont have to worry about constantly raving about my quarterback being the Greatest of All Time, but only going to one Super Bowl. Whenever that gets brought up it provides so much insecurity because they know the end is near for Aaron. If Aaron does win another one before he retires, then my comeback is crap haha.