Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49ers to sign Josh Rosen

I wish I knew the story on this kid. He's been a flop. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
It's a tale old as time...young QB, behind porous OL, shell shocked, bad habits ensue...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
It's a tale old as time...young QB, behind porous OL, shell shocked, had habits ensue...
Probably right. 

He's the wrong Josh as it turns out.  He's not the Josh you're looking for.  That would be Josh Allen.  I'm not joshing about this.

Before the 2018 draft, Kubiak said Rosen was the purest passer in the class. The Denver Broncos ultimately passed on him in favor of LB Bradley Chubb.

I've been curious as to how much Kubiak actually likes and knows Rosen... and if he would try to steel him off the Bucs practice squad.

I guess I will never know if Kubiak wasn't that high on Rosen, or if Rosen (a California kid) just didn't like the idea of a cold weather state like Minnesota.

I've seen reports that Rosen turned down roster spots from other teams in favor of the 49ers.

Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
Before the 2018 draft, Kubiak said Rosen was the purest passer in the class. The Denver Broncos ultimately passed on him in favor of LB Bradley Chubb.

I've been curious as to how much Kubiak actually likes and knows Rosen... and if he would try to steel him off the Bucs practice squad.

I guess I will never know if Kubiak wasn't that high on Rosen, or if Rosen (a California kid) just didn't like the idea of a cold weather state like Minnesota.

I've seen reports that Rosen turned down roster spots from other teams in favor of the 49ers.
I read multiple times that he interviewed really poorly at the combine...came off as quite arrogant to a lot of GMs and coaches. Whether or not people want to accept this, other players not liking the QB does play a role in how hard they play when he's in the game.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:

I read multiple times that he interviewed really poorly at the combine...came off as quite arrogant to a lot of GMs and coaches. Whether or not people want to accept this, other players not liking the QB does play a role in how hard they play when he's in the game.
Yea, I read a lot of the same pre draft.  I sense some Jay Cutler/Jeff George vibe flowing from Rosen.  But I will say I think Rodgers has a lot of that as well but since he is so good most just over look it/accept.  

I can't see Shanahan's and Rosen's personalities meshing well together??
I don't know if this is really the guy Kyle wanted. Why didn't they go after him 3 or 4 weeks ago?

Reading the  tea leaves, san fran is auditioning quarterbacks.

Why now?