Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kendricks, Rudolph

Just another couple of spots to see what we have in some youngsters.  I am at the point where I want us to lose out (not advocating nor think any player/coach thinks that way) as a fan who wants us to be in striking distance of a Top QB like Wilson.  I know we probably wouldn't go QB anyway with Spelly/Zim thinking we still have a 2 year window with Cousins.  I want progressive future planning starting at QB next draft.  I am not saying that Cousins is crap but I just want a plan moving forward next draft because we might be in striking distance of a QB with our record and you can't count on that the following year.  We are stuck with Cousins salary the next two years but that should not inhibit progressive planning of a QB prospect.  I know its not going to happen most likely but it is what I want to happen.

Quote: @minny65 said:
Just another couple of spots to see what we have in some youngsters.  I am at the point where I want us to lose out (not advocating nor think any player/coach thinks that way) as a fan who wants us to be in striking distance of a Top QB like Wilson.  I know we probably wouldn't go QB anyway with Spelly/Zim thinking we still have a 2 year window with Cousins.  I want progressive future planning starting at QB next draft.  I am not saying that Cousins is crap but I just want a plan moving forward next draft because we might be in striking distance of a QB with our record and you can't count on that the following year.  We are stuck with Cousins salary the next two years but that should not inhibit progressive planning of a QB prospect.  I know its not going to happen most likely but it is what I want to happen.
I'm not as hot after a QB as I was earlier in the year when it looked like we might get a top 5 pick. Now, if we even go QB, it will likely be the 4th or 5th one off the board and the LAST thing I want is the Vikings--already with a top third QB-- to get saddled with another middle-first milquetoast like Haskins, Rosen, Lynch, Manziel or Manuel. 

Keep building the line and add a couple of pass rushers and this can be a pretty good team next year. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
I'm not as hot after a QB as I was earlier in the year when it looked like we might get a top 5 pick. Now, if we even go QB, it will likely be the 4th or 5th one off the board and the LAST thing I want is the Vikings--already with a top third QB-- to get saddled with another middle-first milquetoast like Haskins, Rosen, Lynch, Manziel or Manuel. 

Keep building the line and add a couple of pass rushers and this can be a pretty good team next year. 

I feel the same way, especially as I don't see Cousins going anywhere. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:

C'mon now, Johnny Football was just lost in the sauce