Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officiating
I'm a bit surprised the discussion of the atrocious officiating (including Zimmer's remarks) has focused on: (1) personal foul called on Harrison Smith (on a hit we see 10 times a game without a flag) and (2) the PI on the hail mary (where Gronk stiff-armed the linebacker in the face mask while he was running down the field).  To me, the most egregious and costly botched call was the PI on Gladney, where Mike Evans clearly lost his footing of his own accord and Gladney made a great play.  Not only was the PI botched, but the official wrongly blew the play dead on what appeared to be progressing as a 100 yard pick six.  Wipe seven points off the board for the Bucs and put at least 6 on the board for the Vikes.  The article here has a clip of the play from Twitter that shows: (1) Gladney did not interfere; and (2) Gladney was not down by contact and was free to return the INT.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/viki...-minnesota

Agreed. That DPI was ridiculous but the Hail Mary one unbelievable. When I screamed they never call that shit I didn't realize it had been 11 years. Officiating, almost as much as Bailey, affected the outcome yesterday.

I never realized how rare it was for PI to be called on Hail Mary plays until yesterday. Figures it would be called on us.

not surprise  Goodell was at the game new right there refs would be one sided

The NFL needs Brady in the playoffs more than it needs the Vikings.... all we need to know.

It's all about the business and the brand. They have matchups in mind and are going to do what they can to make them happen.

Yes, they want Brady in the NFC playoffs.   Think about the possibilities, Brady vs. Wilson, Brady vs. Brees, Brady vs. Rodgers, rematch Brady vs Goff and the Rams and on and on.  The NFL cannot afford to NOT have Brady in the playoffs for at least the first round.

one of the worst officiated games I've seen, but sadly it just goes into the pile of games the Vikings got the short end of the officiating stick

yes, two bogus PI calls. Also there was a hit on Cousins in the helmet and no call.
Also, The end of the fist half; if you re-watch the end of the first half. The
ball is snapped at close to the 1/2 second mark. Meaning the clock
changes to 01 and then a half second later the ball is snapped. Brady doesn’t
even bring the ball up, he throws the ball down from under the center
or he fumbles it, you can’t really tell. The bottom line is that we
don’t know if he even got the snap. Either way, how is it possible to
snap the ball within one second and spike it?
Answer: The clock operator
stopped the clock as soon as it hit 01.