Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Cleveland Indians name change

“Baseball team” .......Its all the rage right now in pro sports

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
“Baseball team” .......Its all the rage right now in pro sports
I saw comments on Twitter saying that they hope they change it to the Cleveland Baseball team.

...and to think I was joking....

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
...and to think I was joking....
I know but it would be funny and sad at the same time. I don't think they will do it though.

It's ridiculous. If you want to change the Indians logo to something not so racist, please do (or maybe they have already, I don't follow baseball closely). The name? C'mon now. Heard the Kansas City Chiefs are probably going to follow suit at some point. 

Sooooo,....when are the Vikings long lost ancestors going to protest?  Did you know how racist those horns are?

Nothing like having a baseball team name to show that we celebrate a guy that misnamed an entire group of people cuz he got lost and didn’t know where the fuck he was.

I mean if that don’t make you proud I don’t know what does.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Sooooo,....when are the Vikings long lost ancestors going to protest?  Did you know how racist those horns are?
If it happens it happens. I can’t really see it becoming an issue in the same way but if rhere is a group of people that feel stringky enough about it at a time that the owner feels compelled either bexause of morals or financials then so be it. 

I can see the Indians logo, but the name?  I don't get it.  I don't see anyone complaining about the Notre Dame Fighting Irish!  If there is anyone that has a beef it's the Irish with that stupid little leprechaun in a lame fighting pose!
[Image: j7zwjy9qo5kl.png]