Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins highest value on Vikes
This is interesting. Even at his high salary, Vikings getting more bang for buck with Cousins than any other player. Jefferson a close 2nd. Those numbers in parentheses represent OTC's value metric, not salary. 

According to the Twitter thread: "This value is based on the player’s on-field performance relative to the current market for his position. Positional valuations use a number of factors including snap counts, PFF grades and statistics to determine the player’s primary valuation."

https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/status...90339?s=20

Cousins and the offense isn't why the team is hanging on the edge of oblivion: its the defense. The team misses Hunter, Barr and Pierce. Rookies starting in the secondary. I tell ya, I like this team next year if they draft a starting OG and a 3T. 

Outside of Hunter, those are clearly the best players on the Vikings...

Agree @StickyBun, any wins this year are either for fun or killing us in the draft. 21 is where I expect a much more competitive team. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Cousins and the offense isn't why the team is hanging on the edge of oblivion: its the defense. The team misses Hunter, Barr and Pierce. Rookies starting in the secondary. I tell ya, I like this team next year if they draft a starting OG and a 3T. 
Lets say the Vikings part ways with Rieff and Barr (cap casualties) and let Eric Wilson and A. Harris hit the free agent market. Maybe by the time Pierce puts on a Vikings jersey he is out of shape and unmotivated. What if Hunter's injury is way more than a tweek? That situation has been kept so secret and quite that it still scares me to this moment. 

IMO, this team needs to draft more than OG and 3t.

The pass rush is a no show every week! The Oline without Rieff could be a complete shakeup mess next season? 

I think the Vikings need another good draft and one more year to developing "more" young talent around the top 5 guys listed above.

Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Lets say the Vikings part ways with Rieff and Barr (cap casualties) and let Eric Wilson and A. Harris hit the free agent market. Maybe by the time Pierce puts on a Vikings jersey he is out of shape and unmotivated. What if Hunter's injury is way more than a tweek? That situation has been kept so secret and quite that it still scares me to this moment. 

The pass rush is a no show every week! The Oline without Rieff could be a complete shakeup mess next season? 

I think the Vikings need another good draft and one more year to developing "more" young talent around the top 5 guys listed above.

I completely agree with your assessment...pushing slightly towards the "Worst case scenario"... this can more than likely happen...

@"StickyBun" said:

Well, you can "say" just about anything.

Let's say the Vikings, flush with money after dropping Barr, Harry, Stephen and Rudy, keep Reiff at LT, sign free agent 3T Sheldon Rankins, then draft a starting safety in the first and a starting guard in the 2nd (trade up). 

I'd say an offense with Cook, JJ in his 2nd season, ISJ in his 3rd, a line with 1st and 2nd rounders across the board...has some solid potential to improve upon it's top 3 ranking, wouldn't you?

Defense also might not be terrible. Hunter and Pierce and Rankins might just give us a pretty good D-line to go with those quickly improving corners. 

One more thing...even if we lose Reiff, it's pretty hard to see the line as a "complete shakeup mess" next season with three promising youngsters in Bradbury, Cleveland and O'Neill. It's the first time this line has had "promising youngsters" since the days of Stringer and Birk. 

Multi-year rebuilds are mostly a myth...and a thing of the past for well run orgs. 

I like the young talent... and I do think the Vikings will be better next year.

Unfortunately I see more reloading on the way this offseason. 

If Oneill is moved to left tackle, I see that as a bandaid type of fix rather than an upgrade. And what is the longterm plan for Cleveland? Inside, outside right or left?  That's what I meant by a "shakeup". 

I don't care how long it takes to rebuild or reload as long as I see promise and development from our draft picks.

If Oneill is moved to left tackle, I see that as a bandaid type of fix rather than an upgrade. And what is the longterm plan for Cleveland? Inside, outside right or left?  
Dunno. I just know that O'Neill, Bradbury and Cleveland are good, young players on a line that hasn't had them in years. It's good that O'Neill can play left or right. It's good that Cleveland can play inside or outside. In fact, if we had another in the draft, I'm hoping for another player with that kind of flexibility. 

Not sure why you see O'Neill as a bandaid. 

Until this list contains some interior lineman, on both sides, this team will not get to Valhalla...

@maroonbells: O'Neill has never started a game at left tackle (2 year starter at right tackle at Pitt). Yes, he has the athletic traits to make the transition to the left side but... I guess i'm just tried of the musical chairs of moving guys around on the Oline.