Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing screams NFL Football like 3:40 pm on a Wednesday
Game Information
Heinz Field
3:40 PM ET December 2, 2020Coverage: NBC

You mean nothing screams NFL caters to favorites like 3:40 Wednesday football!

Meanwhile Denver players are getting fined after basically having to forfeit it's game.  

Bet NBC isn't thrilled with the kickoff time.

It is bizarre no doubt. I am working from home with the big screen on in the background. I picked the perfect time to upgrade the TV. I don't know what the rage is about from JR44. The team put the emergency qb in a bad position and the Broncos qbs lied about wearing masks. They were dumbasses. Of course it's a business and there is hypocrisy but the Patriots had to play without Cam. It is what it is. The Vikings emergency qbs are Thielen and Rudolph. Hopefully they don't need to use them. I was irritated that the league let the Titans pass but whatever they will do what they want.

This is some butt ugly football so far

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It is bizarre no doubt. I am working from home with the big screen on in the background. I picked the perfect time to upgrade the TV. I don't know what the rage is about from JR44. The team put the emergency qb in a bad position and the Broncos qbs lied about wearing masks. They were dumbasses. Of course it's a business and there is hypocrisy but the Patriots had to play without Cam. It is what it is. The Vikings emergency qbs are Thielen and Rudolph. Hopefully they don't need to use them. I was irritated that the league let the Titans pass but whatever they will do what they want.
Are you serious?  You don't see the favoritism here?  You don't think Baltimore broke protocols?   Here is what the league did for the Patriots -

The Broncos and the Patriots, whose game had already been moved to Monday from Sunday afternoon, will now play next Sunday. (The original Monday night matchup between the Los Angeles Chargers and the New Orleans Saints was not affected.) To fit in the Broncos-Patriots game, the league moved seven other games involving four other teams — the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Chargers, the Miami Dolphins and the Jets.

I'm going to make the assumption that the NFL is going to base every decision on what will maximize profit. Considering our cap situation, I'm ok what that.

Quote: @JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:
Are you serious?  You don't see the favoritism here?  You don't think Baltimore broke protocols?   Here is what the league did for the Patriots -

The Broncos and the Patriots, whose game had already been moved to Monday from Sunday afternoon, will now play next Sunday. (The original Monday night matchup between the Los Angeles Chargers and the New Orleans Saints was not affected.) To fit in the Broncos-Patriots game, the league moved seven other games involving four other teams — the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Chargers, the Miami Dolphins and the Jets.
I am serious and I said I saw the hypocrisy. I did mention the Titans as well. But again it is what it is, this is not the only circumstance that the league has played favorites. I was talking about the Patriots earlier, they played without Cam. And I do understand what is happening now. They only have so much room to move things around and they are finding out how challenging it is. It's hardly news that they play favorites. They are a business, making money is their number one priority.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JR44 said:
@Vikergirl said:

I am serious and I said I saw the hypocrisy. I did mention the Titans as well. But again it is what it is, this is not the only circumstance that the league has played favorites. I was talking about the Patriots earlier, they played without Cam. And I do understand what is happening now. They only have so much room to move things around and they are finding out how challenging it is. It's hardly news that they play favorites. They are a business, making money is their number one priority.
I was really curious to see how the NFL handled COVID related situations when the season was about to start because we all knew teams would have key players out or in the Broncos case, multiple players at the same position. I'm good with how the Broncos situation was handled, only if that's consistent with other teams, which it obviously hasn't been. NFL likes the money because Roger wants a job and if the owners are making money, Roger makes money. 

Since something always happens to the Vikes I'm hoping for some chaos come playoff time. Perhaps a couple of stars are exposed to COVID positive people and have to be on the IR list because of that. I can only imagine how the NFL handles that type of situation and the favoritism if it's Rodgers, Brees, Brady, or Big Ben. LOLZ it has me laughing already.

Ravens coaches going ape$hit.   And they are right...
Steelers got away with a "delay of game" down there on the goal line.