Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They look like shit
All those who still think the Vikings can win the Super Bowl this year raise your hands. All of you who have risen your hands are either a liar or did not see last nights game.
Never mind the score. Look at the 14-0 deficit by the starting teams. Adrian Peterson is going to shred the Viking run defense and Brees is going to do the same with the pass defense. Even though it's preseason and everything is vanilla and hidden, a tackle is still a tackle. A pass is still a pass. A catch is still a catch. A block is still a block. A hole is still a hole. The starters did none of these things. They looked flat and tired.
It seems to be the same old offense with the one back set and the defense still commits to the run blitz to the quarterback and stuffs the play. It's year 4 of Zimmer and if the Vikings implode in 2017, it's time to start thinking that Zimmer's scheme is not working and a change should come forthright.
The 58 yard field goal was the high light of the game, but based on the way the ball curved one could tell that eventually he would do a Blair Walsh and miss. It happened on the 47 yard try.
I would rather be a pessimist and be surprised then an optimist and be disappointed. 

Hard to disagree with any of this.  This team looks like crap on both offense and defense.  The defense really bothers me.  That's supposedly is this teams identity, and they once again couldn't stop the run or pass.  They don't look ready to play.

AP wont shred the defense because he cant other than that you are right

It's p r e s e a s o n...

Not a liar and I did see the game

This game was won on the scoreboard by people who will be out of a job on Saturday. This does not make me feel better knowing it's just preseason.

Superbowl champions!

Overreact mUch?
Who shall we crown King of Preseason...?

Quote: @"NorseVikePurple" said:
Overreact mUch?
Who shall we crown King of Preseason...?

How about a block or a tackle?

Block and tackle?

[Image: 200px-Block-and-tackle-in-use.svg.png]