Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes Cowboys matchup
Will the really vikings stand up---3 weeks in a row they've outplayed their mistakes and came away with a W.  Do they continue the trend or start reading their press clippings and let down this week.?

Will Dalton be back under center or will the ROOK be given the nod given that vikings have  turned rooks into mvp caliber players after facing us.

Quote: @Akvike said:
Will the really vikings stand up---3 weeks in a row they've outplayed their mistakes and came away with a W.  Do they continue the trend or start reading their press clippings and let down this week.?

Will Dalton be back under center or will the ROOK be given the nod given that vikings have  turned rooks into mvp caliber players after facing us.
You nailed it by saying "outplayed their mistakes." They made a lot last night and so we had a harder time with Chicago than I thought we would. Ball going through Thielen's hands, Rudy fumbling, the kickoff return. 

I think Andy Dalton comes back too, so that will help their cause. 

Over Under on this game is currently 47.5...I dont know if the Vikes will score 48 to cover, but maybe i'm wrong ;-) 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've watched a fair number of Cowboys games this year (have Lamb and Zeke on my fantasy teams) and Dalton looks like a shell of himself.  

If the Vikings can stop Zeke, they should win.  Vikings need to lean on Dalvin again to control the clock.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
I've watched a fair number of Cowboys games this year (have Lamb and Zeke on my fantasy teams) and Dalton looks like a shell of himself.  

If the Vikings can stop Zeke, they should win.  Vikings need to lean on Dalvin again to control the clock.
With a short week and Dalvin having 30 carries and a handful of receptions, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more Mattison vs the Cowboys.   If it’s close or a critical series I think they lean on Dalvin, I just don’t think Cook can hold up physically getting 30-35 touches a game on a regular basis.

Quote: @Magnus10 said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:

With a short week and Dalvin having 30 carries and a handful of receptions, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more Mattison vs the Cowboys.   If it’s close or a critical series I think they lean on Dalvin, I just don’t think Cook can hold up physically getting 30-35 touches a game on a regular basis.
You could see him wearing down against the bears,  he needs a light work load week to recover.  He was starting to take some more direct hits and IMO that is tell tale of him getting gassed.

Dallas is second to last in defensive rushing yards per game...I would expect a lot of carries from the Dreaded Two

Play 8 in the box, force Dalton to beat you

Get multiple RB's in the game (Cook, Mattison, Boone, and Abdullah) to set the tone vs Dallas, let Kirk get in a comfortable zone playing play action QB to Jet and Adam

Vikings 27 Dallas 16