Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our holidays this year...What about yours?
Normally we host about 15 for TG, not happening this year. Will be dropping my 87 year old dad a traditional meal at his front door on TG. 

Xmas? We've been doing Xmas in LA the last few years, not this one. ..Our family has decided we wont do anything but Zoom. 

The wife and I are still putting-up the Xmas lights and tree - we owe that to ourselves. 

Here we know that. Christmas will be green and bright,
the sun will shine by day and all the stars at night.

Just the Ohana for both.  A friend I taught / coached with was supposed to visit, but I dont think they want to risk the possibility on contagion in the airport / plane.

Had planned to fly to Mexico with the kids for Thanksgiving, but that's out. Might stay home and do a car tour in the mountains instead, back in time for a low-key dinner with the kids.

Definitely putting the lights and tree up a little early this year. I'm a little Clark Griswold when it comes to that. 

Traditional large family Thanksgiving/Christmas gathering held the Saturday after TG was canceled this week.  it was so big that we were renting an old school house with gymnasium for the kids to play in while the parents all visited in the lunch room.  it was a full day deal and gave everyone a chance to get together with those from other states.

Son and gf are flying in on the 25th from Denver. I think he'll be engaged by the time he comes down so my wife and I are stoked! He's got the ring and he's going to surprise her sometime in the next 10 days. They've been college sweethearts since their sophomore year in college. She's a tremendous young lady and we couldn't be happier. We haven't seen them in awhile. I'm beyond excited!

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Son and gf are flying in on the 25th from Denver. I think he'll be engaged by the time he comes down so my wife and I are stoked! He's got the ring and he's going to surprise her sometime in the next 10 days. They've been college sweethearts since their sophomore year in college. She's a tremendous young lady and we couldn't be happier. We haven't seen them in awhile. I'm beyond excited!
She better not be a member on this forum else you will owe someone an apology:-). That's very nice to hear. You must be a very proud dad. Congrats in advance!

We just made plans, the Family usually gets together in Grand Rapids, not doing that this year.  But  we will be getting together for cocktails, we are setting up times as each family sits down for their meals, we get a Hangouts meeting going.  We have seven families doing this from multiple time zones, from Hannover Germany to San Francisco.  This may have potential for Christmas Caroling too. 

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
She better not be a member on this forum else you will owe someone an apology:-). That's very nice to hear. You must be a very proud dad. Congrats in advance!
lol, thanks. Its also his birthday on the 25th so it works out nicely. Yep, proud of both of them actually, they are doing great both professionally and personally. 

The bigger the better.  After all this phony isolation, we need each other now more than ever.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
The bigger the better.  After all this phony isolation, we need each other now more than ever.

Do us all a favor and have the holidays in "the Pit" in the El Paso hospital . . you definitively deserve what you will be getting
Sad clown