Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our offensive line is on fire
 B). Have they allowed a pressure today?  Detroit made 2 plays one on Conklin blocking a DE, otherwise we would have scored every time.  

They might have themselves a real OG in Cleveland.

Only able to watch on red zone but they do seem to be running behind Cleveland a lot. 

Offensive line is doing really good...giving Cook 6.5 yard average a pop so far...

Cleveland and O'Neill: the Vikings' "strategy" of drafting college LTs and moving them to other positions is finally paying off.
Among all the debate of whether O'Neill should stay at RT or move to LT, I wonder if they have considered Oli Udoh at LT? I know, he played RT in college and doesn't have the TE-level athleticism of O'Neill or Cleveland. But Udoh is actually very athletic, especially for his size, and guys with +35" arms like him tend to be excellent pass protectors.

This lineup is finally getting push and looks  very good these last two games.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Cleveland and O'Neill: the Vikings' "strategy" of drafting college LTs and moving them to other positions is finally paying off.
Among all the debate of whether O'Neill should stay at RT or move to LT, I wonder if they have considered Oli Udoh at LT? I know, he played RT in college and doesn't have the TE-level athleticism of O'Neill or Cleveland. But Udoh is actually very athletic, especially for his size, and guys with +35" arms like him tend to be excellent pass protectors.
Udoh has been inactive almost every week. I don't think the kid is close to playing. 

Quote:
@Jor-El said:
Udoh has been inactive almost every week. I don't think the kid is close to playing. 
the tackles are playing  great   I could see him starting next year if they leave Cleveland at guard  also this coaching staff has done a shit job  of letting young players play until forced to

Quote: @StickyBun said:
They might have themselves a real OG in Cleveland.

He graded out as the 10th best OG in just his 2nd NFL start vs the Pack last week...

Quote: @Jor-El said:
It's not just the Vikings, or even a "strategy" for that matter.  I haven't looked this up in a while, but I have in the past. If I remember right, between a third and a half of the starting right tackles and left guards in the NFL were left tackles in college. Dakota Dozier was a left tackle. Phil Loadholt was a left tackle. Matt Birk was a left tackle. 

I had a baseball scout once tell me that, outside of pitchers, he only watched shortstops at the high school level. There's a reason they're playing SS. Shortstops are typically the best player on the team. They can play anywhere. Maybe a similar sort of thing. 

Still, I tend to believe that Cleveland's long term future is at LT.