Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings and Titans almost worked out a deal for Reiff
Vikings are definitely in rebuild mode, win or lose. Have to be.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...69/photo/1

How much did the win in Green Bay change the tone on "deals" for Vikings players? 

A win against the Lions today, and another against the Bears and the "rebuild" tone could be upgraded to "reload". Next two games will be telling.

Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
How much did the win in Green Bay change the tone on "deals" for Vikings players? 

A win against the Lions today, and another against the Bears and the "rebuild" tone could be upgraded to "reload". Next two games will be telling.
I don't think it really changed anything, Carl. I think Minnesota is stuck because they really can't get much for guys like Reiff or Rudolph. They are in rebuild mode but they want at least close to reasonable value for guys and not do a fire sale.

Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:

How much did the win in Green Bay change the tone for Viking fans? Are we hoping for a win today against Detroit? I never really thought there was much chance this team would be picking in the top 10, so I think I am, but only if we can put it together with a win the following week against Chicago. Then come very winnable games against Dallas, Carolina and the Jags. Could the Vikings be 6-5 in a month? It's not out of the question. Then those 1-pt losses against Tennessee and Seattle become a little harder to swallow.

Either way, that we were trying to trade Reiff means that we seem to be willing to give up guys who are helping us win right now. It's also possible that since the trade deadline was literally 48 hours after the Green Bay win, maybe the bulk of those talks happened before the win. 

Just take it as they come I guess. 

Compensation was apparently the hang up. Not necessarily sure if the Vikings were looking to trade Reiff as much as it may have been a case where the Titans reached out due to their glaring hole at LT, and the Vikings wanted more than what was offered.

I'm just speculating - especially if the belief is the team is still trying to win out and make it interesting down the stretch.