Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young guns on display yesterday in the NFL
Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson, Josh Allen, etc. Would love to see Minnesota draft somebody in that vein and make football fun again in Minnesota. Makes a fan a bit envious. Fingers crossed they can nab an excellent prospect in the upcoming Draft. 

I thought about this quite a bit yesterday, but something seems to be happening. I'm not sure whether the NFL just got better at picking QBs, or there just isn't any defense in the NFL this year. 

I watched Herbert and the first two passes I saw were wretched. The 3rd was a touchdown. The key point being that he was totally unafraid to throw that 3rd ball after the 1st two. 

Burrow and Allen have been pretty good, too. It's almost like the NFL decided to get together and agree to not play defense this year so America could have a worthwhile Sunday distraction...and then no one let Cousins in on it.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I thought about this quite a bit yesterday, but something seems to be happening. I'm not sure whether the NFL just got better at picking QBs, or there just isn't any defense in the NFL this year. 
I made mention of this in another thread just this morning and I've definitely noticed that defenses have taken a step back in the COVID season. 

An NFL conspiracy that lets every QB except the Vikings' perform exceptionally well??
Come on, guys, say it...you can do it... "Other teams picked good quarterbacks and the Vikings did not..."

Quote: @Jor-El said:
An NFL conspiracy that lets every QB except the Vikings' perform exceptionally well??
Come on, guys, say it...you can do it... "Other teams picked good quarterbacks and the Vikings did not..."
MB was kidding, lol. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Baker Mayfield, Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson, Josh Allen, etc. Would love to see Minnesota draft somebody in that vein and make football fun again in Minnesota. Makes a fan a bit envious. Fingers crossed they can nab an excellent prospect in the upcoming Draft. 
Try living next door to Wi...

Land of Favre, Rogers and Russell Wilson was a Badger. 

Packers; 2 HOF Qb's in a row over about 30 years. 

And to think...we're 1-5 and sitting in 6th place as far as draft order. There's some really crappy teams out there this year that'll make it hard to get a shot at the top 3 without paying a ransom.

In addition to lack of defense, the OL's can hold all game long. Holding calls are down 78% week 1 this year compared to week 1 2019. Scoring is up, teams are averaging 24.7 points the first three weeks. We need a qb and more OL.

the Seattle Arizona game is a perfect example of why we need a new QB.  both those teams have major flaws yet the young mobile QBs compensated for those flaws with leadership and mobility.  No one felt the game was out of reach or that either QB could not make something happen and win. 

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
the Seattle Arizona game is a perfect example of why we need a new QB.  both those teams have major flaws yet the young mobile QBs compensated for those flaws with leadership and mobility.  No one felt the game was out of reach or that either QB could not make something happen and win. 
I agree with you, but you're describing almost ever game in the NFL yesterday. Even the guys at Red Zone said they had never seen anything like it. No doubt there are a lot of good, young, mobile QBs in the NFL right now, but something weird is going on.