Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings open to trade Harrison Smith, Rudolph and Reiff
And so it begins. 

Is it still possible to trade a coach? How about a GM?

Other than Kendricks and Jefferson, I would listen to offers to anyone on the team.  

I hate this so much, but it makes sense. Let's aim for a competitive 2022. Who's kidding who, this season is an absolute wash.

Yep, those are definitely the three most likely. All over 30, all still playing well, and all would mean large cap savings with minimal dead money. 

Take our players. Go win your Corona Bowl. 

Hey you forgot the headline!  B) NFL trade deadline: Vikings seeking to shed more salary but rival GMs lukewarm about Minnesota's veterans

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-vikings-seeking-to-shed-more-salary-but-rival-gms-lukewarm-about-minnesotas-veterans/

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Hey you forgot the headline!  B) 
NFL trade deadline: Vikings seeking to shed more salary but rival GMs lukewarm about Minnesota's veterans
Yeah, I got a kick out of that article...

"They try to push Rudolph but the guy we want is (Irv) Smith," one GM said. "They don't want to trade the young guys."

...as if you thought they might? Are you high? Which team do you know of in the history of planet earth that traded low-paid emerging stars in a salary dump? Dumbass. 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Hey you forgot the headline!  B) NFL trade deadline: Vikings seeking to shed more salary but rival GMs lukewarm about Minnesota's veterans

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-vikings-seeking-to-shed-more-salary-but-rival-gms-lukewarm-about-minnesotas-veterans/
This is pretty telling and I'm sure close to the truth...High upside, younger athletes on 1st contracts.

"They try to push Rudolph but the guy we want is (Irv) Smith," one GM said. "They don't want to trade the young guys. But, yeah, they will push out more salary if they can." "They want to move on from some guys for sure but not the guys we want," another GM said. "They want to cut payroll but I don't know how successful they'll be with that." 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Yep, those are definitely the three most likely. All over 30, all still playing well, and all would mean large cap savings with minimal dead money. 

I only dislike because this is an end of a great era of Vikings football. Love these guys. Also seeing articles about Thielen being in the mix. Can't source where it started (could be those clickbait sites piling on) but that would be a deal breaker almost. It would take a lot for me to go back to 2001/2002 apathetic status, but if we trade the players who are Midwest homegrown dudes I actually care about, I might not give a flying fuck for years to come.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I only dislike because this is an end of a great era of Vikings football. Love these guys. Also seeing articles about Thielen being in the mix. Can't source where it started (could be those clickbait sites piling on) but that would be a deal breaker almost. It would take a lot for me to go back to 2001/2002 apathetic status, but if we trade the players who are Midwest homegrown dudes I actually care about, I might not give a flying fuck for years to come.

I get the sentiment cause I share it to a degree too. And maybe we gotta measure success beyond playoff wins. Can't discount the journey and affinity we have for the players...

OTOH, I have issues with 2 playoff wins since 2009 too.