Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: This is the dumbest story....
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/couple-married...00678.html

Why would they do this? And why is the slant of this story like they did something sweet or heroic? They are idiots. They were going to lose the house ANYWAY. Staying and dying was not going to change that. And the son acts like its ok. I'm beyond words with the stupid things people do in this country. 

Sad. Even sadder that these fires are only going to continue to get worse. The 3 largest wildfires in Colorado recorded history occurred in 2020. 5 of the 6 biggest wildfires in California recorded history occurred in 2020. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/couple-married...00678.html

Why would they do this? And why is the slant of this story like they did something sweet or heroic? They are idiots. They were going to lose the house ANYWAY. Staying and dying was not going to change that. And the son acts like its ok. I'm beyond words with the stupid things people do in this country. 
People have the right and freedom to be stupid.

I agree with you the son is the real idiot.  His parents where in there late 80's so they may have a from of dementia or just not clear understanding of the danger.  The son should have the rescue crew (neighbors or whomever) force them out.  Claim he has power of attorney to drag them out and then say Oopps I thought I did.  People were risking their lives to save them and that is what really pisses me off about the whole story.  Their stupidity put others lives in danger for there individual rights and freedom with no regard for the common good/common sense of all involved.  OK, jumping down from soapbox.  

Thats real freedom. 

They were 80+ years old and still living on their own.  I dont see the problem with their decision.   

As far as the first responders,  I doubt they were risking much at the time of their intervention.  Most likely they were safely out before shit really hit the fan.

I dont see their actions as romantic or anything like that,   just simply an example of being truly free Americans exhibiting their last acts as such.

They made their choice. It was not sweet, romantic or heroic. I guess they figured they lived long enough. I am more concerned about the first responders. 

I don't blame them, it was there dream home, why watch it go into flames while the world is just starting to light up.
They lived the greatest era maybe of the human race, America post WW2. 

Good for them as they got off the ship before it sinks