Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So if the tank for Trevor is really on
I just looked at the draft value chart. Supposing we stay at #5, We would need to trade all of our picks in 21 plus 1st and second in 2022 to get to #1 overall.  

What are the chances we do that?  0 is the answer. So I am writing that scenario off. 

This team may not win another game this season, hell we lost on our bye week... smh
 Confused 

You want Trevor? Here's the plan.
  1. Vikings need to lose ALL remaining games and go 1-15.
  2. Find a team on the Jets' schedule, preferably someone weak. It's tough because the weakest on their upcoming schedule, based on current record, is actually the Patriots.
  3. BRIBE that team to lose to the Jets. The Jets are so intent on tanking that you need to get them to fall down in the end zone to give the Jets a safety or two. Final score NYJ 4-0. But I wouldn't bet that the Jets won't give up a safety or two if they catch on to the plan.
  4. Figure out some way to make a lot of our opponents lose so we win the "strength of schedule" tiebreaker with the Jets and every other team that might finish with 1 win.
The Jets are not going to trade away the rights to Trevor Lawrence.

If we TRULY are on "Tank mode" and lose all remaining games... we go 1-15

The Jet's would be stupid at this point to try and win a game.  0-16.
They'll get Lawrence (UNLESS someone sends them the world)

We play the Jags 12/6.   "Just Lose Baby" - We move up a slot in the draft. (But at this point the Jag's are most likely tanking too)
"Football team" and the Giants will play each other 11/8.  Someone will win - we move up a slot
Falcons can beat the Chargers / Falcons drop a slot - Chargers move up (but STILL behind us due to S.O.S)

As I see it, we "could" likely get to 3, without sending any draft capital to move up.  
(Then Spielman will trade down to 15 for a fifth, sixth, and seventh)

Oh, and let's bench Cousins too. 

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
You want Trevor? Here's the plan.
  1. Vikings need to lose ALL remaining games and go 1-15.
  2. Find a team on the Jets' schedule, preferably someone weak. It's tough because the weakest on their upcoming schedule, based on current record, is actually the Patriots.
  3. BRIBE that team to lose to the Jets. The Jets are so intent on tanking that you need to get them to fall down in the end zone to give the Jets a safety or two. Final score NYJ 4-0. But I wouldn't bet that the Jets won't give up a safety or two if they catch on to the plan.
  4. Figure out some way to make a lot of our opponents lose so we win the "strength of schedule" tiebreaker with the Jets and every other team that might finish with 1 win.
The Jets are not going to trade away the rights to Trevor Lawrence.

My irrational logic was with the Jets' / Pats....If the Pat's have a playoff spot locked up by that last game of the season...Do I really want to win that game and send them Lawrence in the same division for the next decade?

remember when we were all convinced that Belicheat was the one that was going to tank for trevor?

Still "Suck for Luck" didn't quite work out for the Colts.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Still "Suck for Luck" didn't quite work out for the Colts.
they got him didnt they?

I don't see Minnesota getting the #1 overall pick, but without a pass rush and Cousins inconsistent play so far this year, I could see them getting to #3 or #4. That should be good enough to get a QB. But they aren't getting Trevor Lawrence and I think they know that.