Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two weeks to go...
Election can't get here soon enough.

Thank god for DVR's. The ads are making me nauseous. 

I haven't seen a single presidential ad on TV. There was a time when Colorado was a swing state. Not anymore.

It will be nice when all the yard signs come down and we can put an end to this kind of bitter division...

https://twitter.com/bethwilensky/status/...07520?s=20

This is so typical...

Here's the headline I kept seeing on Google News over the weekend.  
Joe Biden’s polling lead slips in wake of Post report on Hunter

Trying to get points from the boss, NYP? Show him just how low you're willing to stoop?

The Post references one poll where Biden's lead slipped 2 points. That's part of daily polling variance. You can find a dozen other polls where it increased by 2 points. 2 points is meaningless. But if you think that's bad journalism, wait til you hear about the "report" itself. 

The guy who wrote the piece (alleging Biden used his position to enrich his son Hunter, already disproven by two GOP-led investigations) refused to allow his byline to be used because he knew the story was garbage from Guliani and Bannon. The Post asked another veteran reporter, he also refused. So the article appears with two bylines, Emma Jo Morris, a former producer for Sean Hannity, who's never written a story in her life, and Gabrielle Fonrouge, a young reporter who learned that her byline was used on the story after it was published. 

The story is so ridiculous it was offered to Fox News and even they rejected it. This story is so ridiculous it forced even Facebook and Twitter to block the spread of it and lock NY Post's Twitter account. 

Despite all this....how much you wanna bet, Trump cultists and Q balls all over the nation believe it. 

Last few days now...

I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I highly doubt either outcome could surprise me anymore. I take that back, I think either candidate winning outright easily and by election night would surprise me. 

Here in Florida, I've seen enough political ads to last 5 lifetimes. Its nauseating. 

It might only mean the future of our democracy. But yeah hitting the mute button is fucking rough. 

I kid. Sort of.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Last few days now...

I have no idea how this is going to turn out. I highly doubt either outcome could surprise me anymore. I take that back, I think either candidate winning outright easily and by election night would surprise me. 
6 days before the most important election of our lives. Anyone nervous?  B)

Way too many moving parts in this one. In 2016, 6 days before the election, Clinton was polling 3 points ahead of Trump. She ended up winning by 2 points, so the polls weren't as off as some think. But they were off enough in battleground states like Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania that a handful of votes in each state turned the electoral college red. 

What I find interesting is that there has been a very big blue shift in several red states, where Trump's margin of victory from 2016 has been reduced significantly, if you believe the polls. For example, Trump won Texas by 15 points or so, but finds himself in a dead heat there this year. But that same shift doesn't seem to have happened in battleground states like Florida, Penn, Ohio, etc. 

It's a weird year. Covid, early voting breaking records, the Supreme Court. Unless the polls are way off, Biden should win the popular vote by a decent margin. But that means nothing if Trump wins states like Pennsylvania and Florida by the amount of folks you can fit in a Fiat. 

So what polling sites are we all watching, I have been following RCP, Nate Silvers 538 and Iowa Electronic Markets.  Triangulate on those three then check the Vegas Money on occasion.  Any other interesting data sites?