Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does he make the team?
I'm asking about Mobo, Moritz Boehringer, haven't heard much about him at all this year.  Will he even make Practice Squad?

I'm not sure he's shown enough/any progress to warrant a PS spot...

didnt look in camp like he has turned any corners in terms of getting separation.  I think his dream will end shortly.  He may get picked up by some other team for a year or so,  but he was just a fun story in the end.

He was a nice story, but in the NFL you have to run in more directions than straight ahead.  So far MoBo can't get loose.

There really never was a chance. He was more raw than almost any other 'take a flyer on ability' guy because he never played college football. Never played organized football at all in the United States prior. Way too big a mountain to climb. The real surprise to me was where Spielman drafted him. Silly. 

Interesting how WR is not as crowded as it seemed before camp. Diggs, Thielen, Floyd, and Wright are players. Treadwell makes the roster regardless. Coley vs. Adams for that last spot (at least during Floyd's suspension) is the only battle, right?

He could get another shot at PS, but with all the promising young rookies to try to hide on the PS, I think Mobo may be at the end of the line. Wonder if he might give Canada a try. 

I think the fact that we have made it through 3 preseason games without a MOBO sighting should end any discussion of him making the team and likely even the practice squad.  to much better talent that we will be cutting and trying to get onto our PS to spend much more time on MOBO,  also we need to be looking at carrying more projects in areas of need.  WR doesnt seem to classify as one of those areas any longer since we are looking to cut a decent quality wide out just to get down to 6.

I think we as fans want to see the underdog win so badly that the team sometimes caters to this odd obsession. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I think we as fans want to see the underdog win so badly that the team sometimes caters to this odd obsession. 
Yes the Mr. Mankato syndrome. 

I was maybe more excited about Batabyundi and MoBo because it would draw in the German fans who haven't been fans of the Vikings for many centuries.