Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why bother drafting a QB high if you are going to give up so quick?
Dwayne Haskins. He's already getting benched and the talk is Washington will draft a QB. LMAO, its f*cking nuts. He was drafted 15th overall LAST YEAR. WTF. The kids that are raw should sit for one year regardless. Every QB coming out is at a different level of readiness. How you handle them early is paramount to potential success or lack thereof.

I feel for Haskins. Not saying he's done or that I thought he'd be a great NFL QB, but how the hell could you ever know when he's been handled like this?

edit: or......he has COVID. lol. My rant still stands dammit!

Haskins is not even in the same universe as a prospect as Lawrence, Fields, or even Lance

Yeah, Haskins was a bad pick and I think a lot of people knew this had bust written all over it. Ohio State just runs really easy routes with top tier receivers so the QB's dont have to make very many difficult decisions. Justin Fields is very good but I'm still a little hesitant on him because of the style of offense OSU runs. Recent history kinda speaks for itself, ie Pryor, Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones, JT Barrett, Dwyane Haskins

Quote: @"rf54" said:
Haskins is not even in the same universe as a prospect as Lawrence, Fields, or even Lance
https://twitter.com/ByKimberleyA/status/...6562754561

Well there is the fact that Rivera is benching him and I doubt he would have drafted him.

He should have gone in the third or fourth round.  It's not his fault that Washington is a clown car driving over a cliff year in and year out.  

Quote: @"comet52" said:
He should have gone in the third or fourth round.  It's not his fault that Washington is a clown car driving over a cliff year in and year out.  
Haskins was projected to go in round 1, possibly even as high as #11, so lets not act like he was taken WAY too high. WalterFootball loved him and they are usually good at projecting players:

"The NFL is always desperate for franchise quarterbacks, and Haskins has the athletic skill set to be that kind of signal-caller. He has a big arm, accuracy, pocket presence, and size. Thus, Haskins looks like a high first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft."

Its mentioned he was a bit raw, but that's goes to my point of how he was handled. Again, I'm not saying he's a sure-fire great NFL QB no matter how he was handled, in fact he's not a guy I'd have wanted Minnesota to draft. Too inconsistent. My point is and hasn't changed in this thread: regardless of how you feel about him, can you honestly say he's gotten a fair shot thus far? Absolutely not. And some draftniks didn't like him, but that's the way it is with almost every QB not named Manning or Luck. You spend the draft capital on the kid and don't help him one iota. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"comet52" said:
Haskins was projected to go in round 1, possibly even as high as #11, so lets not act like he was taken WAY too high. WalterFootball loved him and they are usually good at projecting players:

"The NFL is always desperate for franchise quarterbacks, and Haskins has the athletic skill set to be that kind of signal-caller. He has a big arm, accuracy, pocket presence, and size. Thus, Haskins looks like a high first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft."

Its mentioned he was a bit raw, but that's goes to my point of how he was handled. Again, I'm not saying he's a sure-fire great NFL QB no matter how he was handled, in fact he's not a guy I'd have wanted Minnesota to draft. Too inconsistent. My point is and hasn't changed in this thread: regardless of how you feel about him, can you honestly say he's gotten a fair shot thus far? Absolutely not. And some draftniks didn't like him, but that's the way it is with almost every QB not named Manning or Luck. You spend the draft capital on the kid and don't help him one iota. 
Jamarcus Russell had athletic traits too.  Another guy I thought was mostly hype.

Anyway I don't know where you're coming from saying he was projected high to support the notion he's somehow good, but then saying you didn't want this allegedly good prospect for our team that badly needs a young qb to develop.  

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"comet52" said:

Jamarcus Russell had athletic traits too.  Another guy I thought was mostly hype.

Anyway I don't know where you're coming from saying he was projected high to support the notion he's somehow good, but then saying you didn't want this allegedly good prospect for our team that badly needs a young qb to develop.  
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dwayn...l-failure/

One point this should remind everyone looking at the 2021 draft: no matter how high a QB is drafted, a new coach who didn't pick him has no investment in his success. The Cardinals didn't stick with Josh Rosen even though they picked him at #10 just a year before and the Redskins (pick a name already, I'm not calling them the WFT or WTF) don't care about Haskins any more.
I see a lot of 2021 draft projections with comments like, "Jets don't need a quarterback, neither do the Giants". Right - Joe Judge didn't pick Daniel Jones (and Judge might be gone too), so do you really think they would pass up Trevor Lawrence? Every team crappy enough to get a top 5 draft pick is likely to have a new coach and/or GM and want a new QB.