Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spielman on Ezra Cleveland: 'He'll be getting his opportunity here shortly'
Per KFAN. 

Well I hope so...   Our OG play has been awful.

Elflein due to come back next week? I know, pretty sad when you're anxiously awaiting the return of Pat Freaking Elflein. But he should be a little better than Samia, especially in the run game. 

Well duh, pretty good chance some of OL get held out for Covid.

So put Cleveland at LG, then get on the phone to Josh Kline and bring him back to play RG.Can't be worse in either case.

I wonder what the long term plan is with him.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
I think it's guard, left guard. I don't think the team is considering using him at OT. I think the Vikings would like to see a Reiff-Cleveland-Bradbury-Elflein-O'Neill alignment healthy and get about 10 games under their belt together. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I think it's guard, left guard. I don't think the team is considering using him at OT. I think the Vikings would like to see a Reiff-Cleveland-Bradbury-Elflein-O'Neill alignment healthy and get about 10 games under their belt together. 
If that's the case, I wonder how they'll address the line in the offseason.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@StickyBun said:
@PurpleCrush said:
If that's the case, I wonder how they'll address the line in the offseason.

That's the question. I think Sticky is right that this is the 2020 lineup they're shooting for. The question, then, is do they draft a LT in '21 to replace Reiff or move Cleveland there? Team hasn't really given any kind of indication about what the long term position will be for Cleveland. They were in the minority, but I remember a few media scouts who thought Cleveland would play guard in the NFL. Maybe the Vikings shared that opinion, I don't know. I do know it's not unusual for college left tackles to start at guard before moving outside.