Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades 2020 1st rounders after 3 weeks
Most of this is behind a paywall, but Justin Jefferson is #1.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-grading-32-...nfl-season

He looked great last week. Total bright spot for us so far with Dantzler showing promise. JJ could turn out to be the SOD if his mental game matches his physical promise. He still doesnt have his man muscles yet, he could be very scary for opposing D’s. 

It's early and I get the cautious optimism. 

I never saw  Treadwell, in 5 seasons ,dominate like  JJ did Sunday, after 3 games.

JJ was a steal if he keeps it up.

Jefferson has swagger, like Diggs.....I think that's important in a competitive league like the NFL. Strong hands, good body control. Goes and snags the ball. I'm not going to crown him yet, but its very obviously encouraging that game on Sunday. 

Every once and awhile we draft someone #1 who I had a chance to watch in depth in college. Then I clap and look forward to seeing them in Purple. 

Moss, AD would fall into that column. 

jj too. This kid is gonna be really good - be glad he didnt go to GB is my motto. 

I remember being so pumped when the Eagles took Reagor because I really wanted Jefferson. Outside of Lamb and Jeudy, Jefferson was my 3rd favorite receiver in the draft and I knew he would be special. The guy is electric in many ways so keep throwing him the ball and let him make plays

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
I remember being so pumped when the Eagles took Reagor because I really wanted Jefferson. Outside of Lamb and Jeudy, Jefferson was my 3rd favorite receiver in the draft and I knew he would be special. The guy is electric in many ways so keep throwing him the ball and let him make plays
I had him ahead of Lamb and Jeudy. I didn't up until the last couple of weeks before the draft, and then a couple of things about Lamb and Jeudy stood out to me as possible bust factors. The reason I liked JJ the most was because, like the others, he had traits to be exceptional, but unlike the others, he had almost zero bust factor. The only potential problem I saw was that he very seldom saw press in the slot, but he did the year before and did fine, so it was minimal. 

I didn't like Reagor and Ruggs at all. I was ecstatic that they went early. Too early to say what kind of pros these guys are going to be but our guy is looking good. 

Can someone please explain why we quit going to him after his 71yd TD...!?  Confused 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Can someone please explain why we quit going to him after his 71yd TD...!?  Confused 
I didn't see the game, but I would imagine because the Titans started giving him more attention. But y'know what? That's what we want. That's what we need. We need defenses to focus on someone other than Thielen. He's still Cousins' go-to, and as long as he continues to get double teams, Cousins is going to struggle. Jefferson's breakout will ease that quite a bit. 

And besides, Thielen's on my fantasy team dammit.