Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Harvey
All I can say is hope and pray for the best for all of us down here near the coast of Texas. What we do know is that the flooding will be catastrophic. Let's hope that the weather forecasters are wrong on their predictions, as they are quite often.
Either way, we look like we are in for about a week of absolutely the worst possible weather we have seen around here in a long long time. Chances are I may not be able to inform you all on what conditions here are looking like.
Take care everyone. And for those of you who are down here with me, I just say please prepare and get out if you can. Hopefully all we will have to put up with where we are is rain and flooding. The flooding  but around here that is MAJOR problems. I'll keep you all informed when possible.

no mass evacuations set?  the forecast looks as though it maybe should happen. Prayers for all

They are calling for voluntary evacuations for the landfall areas and almost all low lying areas along the whole Texas coast and into Louisiana. They cannot force mandatory evacuations in Texas. However it appears as if many are evacuating as they should. The Houston area is and will probably be the sight of flooding like never before. Rain is estimated in feet not inches along the coast. Houston area, hopefully, may escape the winds but because this storm will stall and move southeast along the coast and into Louisiana it's course may take 3-6 days before moving out of Texas. 

Be safe Pops.

Best of Luck and be safe POPS, anyone heard from Tom about this??  any others from Texas here?  Be Safe all!!

My thoughts are with you and yours Pops. Stay safe. This is going to be a scary stretch. I have family down there as well. Take care of you.

Prayers for you and your whole family, Pops. Wishing a miracle for you all that this thing doesn't turn into a catastrophe.

Good luck, Pops.  Stay safe.

Stay safe pops! 

stock up and hunker down... or get the hell out of dodge.  Do you know anybody a long ways away from the area ( like say Minnesota) that you could go stay with for a week or so? B)

be safe Jimmy.