Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away
So you think Republicans will offer up a pause this close to an election like they did with Obama’s choice in Garland .... or do you expect the GOP to show what hypocrites they are?

Oh who are we kidding.

Trump and GOP will rush to stack another conservative to the Supreme Court before the election and tilt our courts for the next 30 years.  

Team Red  will push for something during lame duck session...

This is absolutely devastating. She was a strong and intelligent woman. She fought so hard for so many. She is such a phenomenal woman. What a huge loss. Sending positive and healing vibes to her friends and family. 

I've already had one drink since hearing the news. I'll be making another shortly. I gasped when I heard the news. And that's after being nervous every time her name was in the news over the past few months. She was an icon, a force, an amazing human being who lived an incredible life. I really admired her. You hate to immediately turn attention to 'what's next?' but the current circumstances make that necessary. Ugh.

I've read that McConnell has stated that he WILL hold a vote this year. Apparently Romney and Murkowski have said they will not vote until after inauguration day. Fair is fair.

Per an NPR article, there's this: Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that i I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/100306972/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-champion-of-gender-equality-dies-at-87

That Senate move on the Garland nomination was bad enough. Let's see if they choose to add hypocrisy to the pile.

Sign me up. Elections have consequences. You guys invented the nuclear option to shove obamacare down our throats. Now its your turn. You reap what you sow. 

I like the sounds of Supreme Court Justice Ted Cruz. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Sign me up. Elections have consequences. You guys invented the nuclear option to shove obamacare down our throats. Now its your turn. You reap what you sow. 

Ah yes the travesty of 25 million people getting healthcare who otherwise wouldn’t qualify, saving tens of thousands of lives ... vs the party that has no healthcare plan, no ability to keep Americans safe let alone govern the country without an unmitigated disaster that’s killed 200k people and torpedoed the economy because they were too worried about the next election ... but they decided to change the rules to ram as many lifetime federal appointees down the country’s throat with a simple majority.

I thought the right claimed to be the compassionate pro life pro Jesus cowd .... nah still just a bunch of hypocritical selfish assholes that only care about themselves - and their dim-witted cult thinks their party cares about them.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Ah yes the travesty of 25 million people getting healthcare who otherwise wouldn’t qualify, saving tens of thousands of lives ... vs the party that has no healthcare plan, no ability to keep Americans safe let alone govern the country without an unmitigated disaster that’s killed 200k people and torpedoed the economy because they were too worried about the next election ... but they decided to change the rules to ram as many lifetime federal appointees down the country’s throat with a simple majority.

I thought the right claimed to be the compassionate pro life pro Jesus cowd .... nah still just a bunch of hypocritical selfish assholes that only care about themselves - and their dim-witted cult thinks their party cares about them.

Justify it how you want to. Had team blue not changed the rules it would be much harder to get a nominee through. The record is 47 days, they have 46. The race is on. 

Whether we're a lib a conservative or something from Trump...

Anyone with daughters or working female spouses can thank RBG for many of the rights and a more level playing field out there today.

What an amazing person. Truly.