Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look like shit!
Nine months of waiting for Viking football to begin and there you have it. Totally uninspired! The Vikings looked as though this was the last game of the season and they were out of the playoff race 6 games ago. 

7-9, 8-8, 9-7, maybe. A very big maybe.

This team has never had a blow them out, the way they got blown out today, mentality. Until the Vikings get a head coach who has a Gen. George S. Patton, kill all the krauts and let God sort them out, mentality and takes the fight to the opposition, well, you will always have today.

Anyone? Anyone?

Zimm didnt pick his poison well today, thats for sure. Baby DB's, no Pierce or Hunter? Sucks, but not a surprising outcome. 

3 of the next 4 on the road is daunting and if they play like today? They could find themselves in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes:

@ Colts
Titans
@ Texans
@ Seattle

They looked uninspired and sluggish. The defensive offsides were disgraceful in an empty stadium. 

I kinda feel like with no fans in the stadium, it's pretty much a neutral field besides travel. Maybe I'm downplaying the travel too much, but I've got to think road games are diminished.
@purplefaithful said:
Quote:
Zimm didnt pick his poison well today, thats for sure. Baby DB's, no Pierce or Hunter? Sucks, but not a surprising outcome. 

3 of the next 4 on the road is daunting and if they play like today? They could find themselves in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes:

@ Colts
Titans
@ Texans
@ Seattle

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
I kinda feel like with no fans in the stadium, it's pretty much a neutral field besides travel. Maybe I'm downplaying the travel too much, but I've got to think road games are diminished.
@purplefaithful said:

@ Colts
Titans
@ Texans
@ Seattle

You may very well be right...We'll find out soon enough. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
@purplefaithful said:

@ Colts
Titans
@ Texans
@ Seattle

You may very well be right...We'll find out soon enough. 
That's what really bugged me about today. They were clearly the better team in as close to a neutral field situation as you can get.

BTW- I'm watching the Saints game, and whoever is pumping in their stadium sound seems to be better than our stadium sound engineer. They actually pump on noise consistent with the flow of the game. 

We simply don't have the talent in the right places on defense. inexcusable to have ignored replenishing a legitimate need at UT in the draft for 3 yrs? We knew the day was coming and chose to ignore it or go cheap. Instead Zimmer went DB, WR in every draft since he's been here.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

@ Colts
Titans
@ Texans
@ Seattle
Ouch.

That's a brutal stretch.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@purplefaithful said:

@ Colts
Titans
@ Texans
@ Seattle
Ouch.

That's a brutal stretch.
It is a brutal stretch. Like I said a couple weeks ago, we could easily start out 2-4. Seattle looks better than I imagined, but the Colts and Texans didn't show much to fear. We'll have to see what the Titans look like tonight.

Either way, with Cousins, Thielen, Cooks, etc. and getting Hunter back, Viking fans are going to have plenty to cheer about this year, too. Enough to win the division? Maybe not, but compete for a playoff spot and keep us watching? Yeah, I think so. And given the state of the world, I'll take it. 

Have to see a lot of improvement from the corners, but I suspect the corner play we see at the end of the year will be a bit better than the corner play we saw yesterday. 

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@purplefaithful said:

@ Colts
Titans
@ Texans
@ Seattle

You don't think piped in 75 decibel audio of a crowd cheering/booing is much of an advantage?