Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu to be released
Tom Brady and Bill Belichick's defense have long disguised the fact that Bill Belichick is probably one of the worst GMs in the NFL.

The New England Patriots have informed veteran wide receiver Mohamed Sanu of their intention to release him, a source confirmed to ESPN.
The Patriots acquired Sanu last October from the Atlanta Falcons for a second-round pick, a significant investment that resulted in Sanu playing only nine games for the team. 

Still, the move doesn't come as a surprise due to a combination of finances and overall fit in the Patriots' receiving corps.
Sanu was due to earn $6.5 million this season, which is a high figure based on his projected role as a No. 4 option who doesn't contribute on special teams.

That was a puzzling move last season to begin with...  even though it was going to be a late 2nd rounder, that kind of pick for Sanu?

It's going to be interesting to see how well the Patriots and Belicheck do without the GOAT.

Has he signed with Tampa yet?

Quote: @Wetlander said:
That was a puzzling move last season to begin with...  even though it was going to be a late 2nd rounder, that kind of pick for Sanu?

It's going to be interesting to see how well the Patriots and Belicheck do without the GOAT.
Right now it looks like there is Lawrence and 2 maybe 3 other pretty good QB's next draft. I'll bet NE ends up with one of em.  I dont know how much draft capital they have yet though?

Either that or they go back to the Patriots I knew growing-up, shitty and irrelevant forever  :p