Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff approached about pay cut
Saw it on Twitter. Looks like he's not at the facility either.

The lynchpin to it all: a 6th round bad ass from Elon named Oli Udoh. If this mofo ends up starting at RT this year and doing well, you may as well just crown Spielman right f-ing now. 

If that were to play out this way, and say O'Neill transitions seamlessly and Udo holds his own, Cleveland may end up being the LG of the future. Imagine him and O'Neill holding down the blindside.

Update: just read that the reason Reiff was out yesterday is because the Vikings gave him a day to think over the restructure request and if he doesn't agree, they'll cut him. So we should know by end of the day.

Very interesting, Vikings must still want him back if they offered to restructure.  If they felt they had a clear replacement, likely would have just cut him or not...  IF cut, it is still early enough to catch on with another team prior to the season or teams may wait until after first game so his salary is not guaranteed (I think that is right about the guarantee, anyone know for sure?).

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
Very interesting, Vikings must still want him back if they offered to restructure.  If they felt they had a clear replacement, likely would have just cut him or not...  IF cut, it is still early enough to catch on with another team prior to the season or teams may wait until after first game so his salary is not guaranteed (I think that is right about the guarantee, anyone know for sure?).
Yep. I think they know they need to make room for both Ngakuoe AND Cook so they'd probably prefer to keep Reiff because its already September basically but they'll pull the trigger and cut him if necessary. 

I am very high on Udoh.  His preseason (yeah yeah I know PS) tape was outstanding.  

O’Neill has been a pleasant surprise, but is he stout enough to hold the point of attack at LT?

Honestly I am more concerned with O’Neill at LT than I am Udoh at RT.  

Ezra is the forgotten man here, hard to say how far along he is without any preseason action.

Sounds like we should not count on Ezra for anything this season but redshirt...