Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dakota Dozier looks to be starting LG
Kubiak intimated as much today. Sigh. Said they'd have their starting 5 by the weekend. 

The same Dakota Dozier that DIDN'T start last year. The same Dakota Dozier that has started a whopping 11 games in 6 seasons. Who is on a 1 year, $1 million contract. He's depth, not a starter. Avianti Collins can't beat him out?

So someone tell me how the O-line will be better this season??

What the hell ever happened to Samia being mentioned as a favorite to win a starting gig? Looks like he's been running with the 3's from the get go.

Maybe Dennison figured something that's helped with his game.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
What the hell ever happened to Samia being mentioned as a favorite to win a starting gig? Looks like he's been running with the 3's from the get go.
They said yesterday that he was "back," obviously indicating that he was out for some reason. In either case, it sounds like he's competing with Elflein for RG. Based on their pedigrees that should be a pretty good competition, but who knows? Samia might be on a slower learning curve. It's also possible he just doesn't have it and is at risk of being released. With Collins still competing to start on the left he might get the roster spot over Samia. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Kubiak intimated as much today. Sigh. Said they'd have their starting 5 by the weekend. 

The same Dakota Dozier that DIDN'T start last year. The same Dakota Dozier that has started a whopping 11 games in 6 seasons. Who is on a 1 year, $1 million contract. He's depth, not a starter. Avianti Collins can't beat him out?

If what you're referring to is this....
https://twitter.com/christomasson/status...96737?s=20

I don't think it means anything. But I agree that Dozier starting would not be encouraging at all. I would imagine if it's close between him and Collins, you gotta go with the higher upside, and that's definitely Collins...

Quote: @StickyBun said:

At least Elflein won't be at LG. Does that help?

Sure hope Dozier won the job and it isn't one of those "Well, we sure as hell don't have anyone better" type of situations. Gotta trust the coaches I guess

Im thinking Dozier is a placeholder until Cleveland is ready to step in. Would make our blind side tick up in pass pro. 

When Dozier played over the last couple of seasons, he has played well.  He looks stronger and more refined than Elf.  IF ELF wasn’t the center of the 17 team nor a 2nd round pick, he wouldn’t have the loyalty the coaching staff has shown him.  

I like Dozier, Collins needs refinement but has a lot of ability, either can produce more than we got last year at LG 

Quote: @Skodin said:
When Dozier played over the last couple of seasons, he has played well.  He looks stronger and more refined than Elf.  IF ELF wasn’t the center of the 17 team nor a 2nd round pick, he wouldn’t have the loyalty the coaching staff has shown him.  

I like Dozier, Collins needs refinement but has a lot of ability, either can produce more than we got last year at LG 

Elf was a 3rd rounder, but I agree w/ your sentiment.