Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cam, ohhh Cam
Now is the time we'd be watching some Vikefans training camp interviews. Instead, we'll have to settle for some Vikings posts.

https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/12954...27937?s=20

The CB cupboard is not bare.  It’s just not filled with overpriced expiring goods.

Dantzler, Gladney, Hill, Hughes, new attitude

Nicely done.

Damn, Cam!

Wow. He even looks for the ball. Thielen didn't have a chance.

textbook.  Zimmer LOVES those balls being knocked away. great body control

Hearing the team thinks Dantzler might be a Day 1 starter.  Thielen gave him some strong praise in an article I read this morning as well.

He seems to have the attitude to play CB too, I love how he said his best quality is his confidence and he shows some of that at the end of that play.  We really have not had a big time shut down CB in a long time, would be great to see it.  Nice job RS on the 3rd round selection.  

Vikings rookie CB Cameron Dantzler impressive in first padded practiceFormer NFL cornerback Terrell Buckley predicted last month that Cameron Dantzler will be a Day 1 starter. The rookie is doing his best to try to make that happen.

The Vikings cornerback had a strong showing in Monday’s first padded practice of training camp.
The third-round pick got some work with the first team at left cornerback, and made one of the top plays of the afternoon by breaking up a long Kirk Cousins pass intended for Adam Thielen.
“We liked (Dantzler) a lot on tape,’’ Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told KFAN-FM after the workout. “Adam Thielen came up to me during practice today and said ‘No. 27’s going to be really good.’ He’s got long arms and good length.”
The 6-foot-2, 188-pound Dantzler starred at Mississippi State. Buckley, an NFL stalwart from 1992-2005, was Dantzler’s cornerbacks coach with the Bulldogs before he took a similar position last January at Mississippi. Buckley told the Pioneer Press that the Vikings “got a steal at corner” and that he expects Dantzler to start the Sept. 13 opener against Green Bay.
The Vikings began Monday’s practice with Mike Hughes and Holton Hill as the outside cornerbacks on the first team, and rookie Jeff Gladney as the initial slot back. When Hughes took over the slot, Dantzler stepped in as an outside cornerback.
Gladney, recovering from meniscus surgery last March, missed practice last Friday because Zimmer said his knee “flared up on him a little bit.”
Zimmer said Gladney “probably took too many reps” in a previous workout but that “he’s going to be fine."
vikings-rookie-cb-cameron-danzler-impressive-in-first-padded-practice

Vikings have some interesting guys with height and length (Hill and Dantzler), feisty and sticky (Hughes, Gladney). I feel good about this group, and Zimmer said the same thing yesterday.