Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Imagine if The Waffle House, IHOP or Cracker Barrel tried to pull this off?
Restaurant chain in China apologizes for weighing diners to determine how much food they should eatA restaurant chain in southern China has issued a public apology for weighing diners before they entered the premises as part of a national campaign to reduce food waste.

Customers going into the popular Hunan chain Chuiyan Fried Beef, in the city of Changsha, were asked to weigh themselves on a set of scales and provide personal information. The restaurant would then suggest menu items based on their physique.
The guide recommended customers order different dishes based on the person's weight and the calorie content of the food. For example, women weighing less than 40 kilograms (88 pounds) were recommended the chain's signature beef dish and a fish head, while men weighing more than 80 kilograms (175 pounds) were recommended dishes including braised pork belly. 
Signs around the restaurant encouraged diners to "clean your plate" and "be thrifty and diligent." 
Facing online accusations of fat shaming, Chuiyan Fried Beef said in a statement Saturday that it was trying to help curb food wastage. The restaurant chain said customers hadn't been forced to step on the scales -- and while it "deeply regretted" the controversy, it would still allow customers to weigh themselves at its outlets.
"Netizens are welcome to come to the store to experience it and give their comments and suggestions," the statement said.
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/china...index.html

LMAO. People today in this country do not want to take care of themselves and live a healthier lifestyle. They don't want to be told they are obese and unhealthy. They don't want to be judged. Being obese brings so many potential problems medically where if they were NOT obese, the issues would disappear. Completely controllable. This 'fat shaming' term is complete bullshit. Its a gigantic burden on our healthcare system at the very least, an epidemic of systemic poor eating habits and lack of exercise to shorten the quality and length of your life at worst. 

Best thing I ever did for my 20 years of back-ache was lose 30 lbs on Weight Watchers...Now its harder than hell to stay away from the Cheeto's at about 10:00 @ night. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Best thing I ever did for my 20 years of back-ache was lose 30 lbs on Weight Watchers...Now its harder than hell to stay away from the Cheeto's at about 10:00 @ night. 
go to bed at 930.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
go to bed at 930.
Right?

the later you stay-up the more you want to late night snack...

Obesity rate in China is 6%

Obesity rate in US is 42%

Quote: @Mattyman said:

its all that chinese take out.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Mattyman said:

Eddie Lacy can attest to that...  dude loved his "china food".

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Mattyman said:

OMG

[Image: C6hcTcvVAAACt1p?format=jpg&name=large]

Quote: @Nichelle said:
@Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Mattyman said:

OMG

[Image: C6hcTcvVAAACt1p?format=jpg&name=large]
Thanks for posting that, Nichelle.  That was gold for awhile here in Sconny land teasing all my Packer in-laws and friends...  Lololol